Quick Pay for Citi bill has not finished processing after 24 hours

Quick Pay for Citi bill has not finished processing after 24 hours

I Quick Payed a Citi bill, Citi bill #1, yesterday, Tuesday 2021/09/14, at 17:22 PDT. More than 24 hours later, Quicken shows a "Processing (Quick Pay)" status for my Citi bill now, Wednesday 2021/09/15, at 17:49 PDT.

I have used Quicken's Quick Pay to pay my Citi bill #1 at least seven times, not including this month's bill. In the last seven times, the times that I have time records, Quicken completed Quick Pay for Citi between 2 minutes and 15 hours 20 minutes, with a mean of 5 hours 49 minutes and a median of 3 hours 2 minutes. In chronological order (earliest to latest): 0:02, 0:48, 0:29, 15:20, 3:02, 12:50, and 8:14.

Unfortunately, I may have to cancel my current Quick Pay for Citi bill #1 and pay it on Citi's website because my bill is due at 21:00 PDT today. This is quite disappointing.

Tagged:

Comments

• rxyquicka
    rxyquicka Member ✭✭
    I had to cancel my Quick Pay for Citi bill #1 and paid on the Citi website because I could not take a chance of Quicken not completing the payment by the due time. I canceled at 19:39 PDT.

I Quick Payed another bill, my electric bill, which Quicken paid in one minute. I Quick Payed my electric bill about a half an hour after canceling my Quick Pay for Citi bill #1.

• fw6322+
    fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 17
    Had the same problem yesterday (9-15-21) and got a failed notice.  Had to use Bill Pay from my bank account to make the payment.

Experience the same overnight processing on the second try as ghclark did.

• ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    Same here. Still processing after 24 hours.
  • Hello @fw6322+ and @ghclark

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with payments processing. I have taken a look into your individual accounts and sent you a message regarding specific details of each account/payment(s). 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Hello @rxyquicka

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue of extended payment processing time. To better assist you I need additional information. For instance, what is the name of your main/active file? Where is the file stored? 

Please elaborate and once more information is obtained we can move forward with diagnosing the issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • rxyquicka
    rxyquicka Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Paloma,

I am uncomfortable publishing the name and location of my Quicken main file in a public forum because of security and privacy reasons. In addition, I do not see any connection between the information that you asked for and my Quick Pay for Citi bill has not finished processing after 24 hours problem especially since I have not changed the filename and location of my Quicken main file for a long time and as I wrote, "I Quick Payed another bill, my electric bill, which Quicken paid in one minute. I Quick Payed my electric bill about a half an hour after canceling my Quick Pay for Citi bill #1.". Please explain the connection.

Thanks.
  • Hello @rxyquicka

Thank you for your response although, I am sorry about the confusion. To clarify if your main/active file is on a cloud (Onedrive, Icloud, Carbonite, etc.) or on an external hard drive that tends to interfere with the proper function of Quicken. If this was the case then I would advise or provide guidance on moving the file used for Quicken Bill Manager to a more adequate location. Additionally, I asked about the file name so that I could take a further look into your E-biller/account based on the ID that is attached to the file. I needed to make sure I was looking at the correct one if you have multiple files. If you do not feel comfortable posting information to the forum you are also welcomed to send me a message or contact Quicken Support. 

To contact Quicken Support please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

-Quicken Paloma 
  • rxyquicka
    rxyquicka Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Paloma ,

Thank you for the explanation.

My Quicken main file is on my laptop's internal SSD.

I am unable to send a private message to you because I do not have enough points.

When I observed the problem, I clicked on the Quicken program's Help | Report a problem menu-item and reported the problem to Quicken.

• Hello @rxyquicka

Thank you for the additional information, your patience is appreciated. I have sent you a message to initiate a discussion regarding your account/biller that will not require any point usage on your behalf. 

Hope this helps. Please check your DM's and let us know of any other concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma