Feature request - Confirmation for Accept All

Darrin6549874
Darrin6549874 Member
Please include a Yes/No verification when accepting transactions when one clicks the "Accept All" button.

To explain, I'm one of those who accepts transactions one by one while verifying with the receipt. Every once in a while, I'll accidentally click the "Accept All" button. Since there is no pop-up that asks for confirmation, the software executes the "Accept All" instruction, and there is no undoing of this action. So now I'm forced to go through and search for amounts individually, verify with my receipt, and then fill in the category if it was not auto-filled.

A confirmation pop-up would allow me to catch the error before it executes. This feature could then be enabled or disabled in the preferences.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I edited the title to make it descriptive. Good idea I think.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    There are three ways to manually accept transactions in the Downloaded Transactions window.
    1. The Accept button on the individual downloaded transactions
    2. The Accept All button at the bottom of the Downloaded Transactions window.
    3. The Accept button at the bottom of the Downloaded Transactions window.
    If you use #1, your mouse is never close to the Accept All, adding a Yes/No pop-up will cause a lot of users to write in and complain.
    Maybe they should remove the Accept button at the bottom of the Downloaded Transactions window so that you wouldn't have your mouse down in that area unless you really wanted to Accept All or Finish Later.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Since there is no pop-up that asks for confirmation, the software executes the "Accept All" instruction, and there is no undoing of this action. 
    This statement isn't true at least not for non investment accounts:

Hit Accept All:

Right click on a transaction (this is also in the Edit -> Transaction menu):
    '

After selecting this:

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/