How come my one step updates are not pulling in new transactions?

Quicken Deluxe, Version 35.31 Build 27.1.35.31 . My accounts are not updating with the latest information. The latest date I have for one of my accounts is 09/01 and today is 09/17.
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @harelickm .  Would you please provide a little more information?
    • What kind of account is having this issue? 
    • Who is the Financial Institution?
    • Are you getting an error code and, if so, what is it?
    • What is the connection method...Direct Connect or Express Web Connect?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting, yet?  If so, what have you tried?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R39.23 on Windows 10)
  • I am having this problem with J P Morgan Chase and TD Bank checking accounts as well as BBVA credit cards. I am not getting error codes. The connection methodology is direct connect. I have not tried any troubleshooting yet.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    So many DC issues at the same time.  That is unusual.  It makes me think that perhaps this might be due to some common underlying thing instead of specific issues with each FI.  Over the past year Quicken has been migrating users over to a new connection channel (kind of like a routing).  I thought that maybe this migration would have been completed by now but maybe it is still ongoing.  Anyway, some (including me) have reported a similar issue that was caused by this migration.  The fix for that was as follows:
    1. Back up your data file in case something goes wrong.
    2. For one of the affected accounts:  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now.  If that doesn't fix it, proceed to the next step.
    3. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.  If that doesn't fix it, proceed to the next step.
    4. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set Up Now > follow the prompts and be sure to link the downloaded data to the current accounts in QuickenNote:  If you have more than 1 account with the FI, you will need to Deactivate each account before trying Set Up Now.  This process might result in transactions being entered into the register that are duplicates of what is already there.  If this happens you will need to manually delete the duplicates.  
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each of the other accounts.
    One other comment:  I know BBVA requires Quicken to be authorized in the online account before Quicken can access the account(s).  I know Chase also requires it but I do not know about JP Morgan Chase and TD Bank.  Anyway, if Reset Account or the Deactivate/Set Up Now processes do not work you might need to reauthorize Quicken in your online accounts and then try, again.

If this issue was caused by being migrated, then one of the steps above should resolve the issue.

If none of these steps worked then perhaps there is something else going on and we can try something else.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R39.23 on Windows 10)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    harelickm said:
    I am having this problem with J P Morgan Chase and TD Bank checking accounts as well as BBVA credit cards. I am not getting error codes. The connection methodology is direct connect. I have not tried any troubleshooting yet.
    I'm curious about something.
    On J P  Morgan Chase, what are you using for the financial institution?
    I noticed that there are several listed when I setup my investment/IRA accounts recently.
    I'm using "J.P. Morgan Securities - New".

And for checking/savings/credit card I'm using Chase.

All of these are downloading without any problems.

Of course if you having problems with multiple financial institutions with Direct Connect there is most likely something else going on.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.