I seem to have three mutual fund where the price are tied to each other. How to fix this?

Every time I try to update one of three mutual funds, the price changes on all three. How do I correct this to "un tie" them?
Tagged:

Answers

• I have four mutual funds in one account. Three of them seem to have their prices tied to each other. When I manually try to update to the correct amount, two of the other accounts prices also change to the same number but not the fourth one. Is there a way to correct this? This started last year even though I have used quicken for this account for over 20 years.
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭
    sollover said:
    Every time I try to update one of three mutual funds, the price changes on all three. How do I correct this to "un tie" them?
    Have you checked your security list to confirm you aren't using the same ticker symbol on all three funds ?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sollover,

How do you typically update the prices for these funds - automatically downloaded or manually inputted?  Are these funds in the same "fund family" - for example are all of the funds that appear to update to the same price all Fidelity or Vanguard funds. etc.?  Did something happen recently, that may be related to this problem - for example did the accounts move from one fund administrator to another?

Any additional information will be helpful towards fixing this problem.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -