American Express Duplicate Entries

Read about duplicate issues in March. I started using Quicken in September 2021 and see duplicate entries. Are there any known issues with Quicken/American Express Duplicate Entries?

Comments

• Mr.
    Mr. Member
    I encountered that same issue. Had to go through manually and correct it.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Phil9550

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Amex account. We do not have any active alerts currently with Amex. In this case, what I would recommend is cleaning up any of the duplicates. Save a backup and try updating the accounts again. See if you get duplicates again. 

Depending on what you're able to find we'll see what our next steps are if needed to resolve the issue you're having. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duplicate transactions appear when the algorithm used to generate the FITID field changes.  This may happen when we change connection methods.  The good news is that it should be a one time event.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    Duplicate transactions appear when the algorithm used to generate the FITID field changes.  This may happen when we change connection methods.  The good news is that it should be a one time event.
    Except when you are using Express Web Connect and Intuit is providing the FITID and you decide to reset the connection, or deactivate/reactivate the connection.  In that case Intuit will general completely new FITIDs and you will get duplicates again.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/