quicken download of edward jones accounts

i get an error when i attempt to download my edward jones accounts using quicken.  sometimes i get a retry button and sometimes i get a setup button in quicken.  neither of these will work until i actually log in to the edward jones site and then go back to quicken and do download while logged in to edward jones in a browser.  is anyone else having this issue?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Brad L Vandermoon

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Edward Jones account. That is not an issue I've heard of before. I'm wondering here if we might need to go into the settings on the website and make sure that we have third part access enabled. Are you able to see the sign-in attempts when you try connecting through Quicken as well? If you are are they shown as successful or not?

Once you get the chance please let us know more and we'll see what steps we can take to resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• i do not see where to see third party access on edward jones.  also not clear where to look for "sign-in attempts when you try connecting through Quicken".  can you elaborate?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Brad L Vandermoon

Both these things are more generalized options that are options that may or may not be available on your banks/investment firms website. They might not be available on Edward Jones if you were unable to find them. Let's see if we might be able to connect on a test file. This will let us know if the issue is related to the file or the connection.

You can do so by going across the top to File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web. From here you should be able to try connecting your Edward Jones account.

This should give us more information that will give us a better idea of what's happening. Once you get the chance let us know how it goes and we'll find our next steps.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • i have changed nothing, and things have worked for pst two days. something must have changed on the quicken side.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Brad L Vandermoon

Glad to hear it's working for you! If you do run into any issues please let us know so we can take another look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • i feel like it is working only temporarily, but will come back here if it happens again.