Store file password in Mac keychain

I'd like to switch to a much stronger password for my Quicken file, but Quicken currently makes me enter the password each time. How about adding the ability to store the file password in my keychain on macOS? It'd make things more secure.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More secure? Really?
    Assume you step away from your Mac, leaving it open and running. An unauthorized person accesses your computer, starts Quicken and it opens without prompting for the password, since it's now stored in the keychain ... "Yes, sir, whatever you want to do is alright with me ..."
  • gojohn
    gojohn Member ✭✭
    Yes, really. Poor security is leaving an unlocked computer unattended at all. If Quicken is already running and you're smart enough to exit it before leaving your computer, then you can also lock the computer before you leave it. The Mac has simple ways to do that. Using a weak password so you can remember it to type it in is poor security. Keychain access requires Touch ID, so it'd be great if the password was kept in the keychain with Touch ID protection or if Quicken supported Touch ID directly.
  • gojohn
    gojohn Member ✭✭
    Thanks to Quicken for implementing Touch ID on the Mac. It's wonderful to be able to use a really strong password an be able to unlock with my figure. Keep up the good work.