Can I delete OFXLOG.txt

My OFXLOG.txt is very large and I’m running out storage and looking for files to delete. Can I delete this?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Yes.  The file is only used for diagnostic purposes.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Yes.  The file is only used for diagnostic purposes.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How big is your OFXLOG.DAT file? Mine is 5 MB.
    This file is in the same folder as your Quicken data file, usually in the \Documents\Quicken folder on your C - drive. If your C - drive is a too small SSD drive and that's why it's running out of space, and if you have a 2nd internal hard drive installed in your computer, close Quicken and move the entire \Documents\Quicken folder including all its subfolders to that 2nd internal hard drive. After you're done moving the folder locate the Quicken data file in its new location, double-click the file to start Quicken using the file in its new location. Quicken will remember the new file location for next time when you start Quicken as usual from your Desktop or Start Menu icon.
    If you're hunting for space on the C drive, clean the %TEMP% folder and move it to your 2nd hard drive.
    Consider doing the same with other space hogs: My Music, My Documents, My Pictures, Downloads, etc.