Associated Bank -- payment failed.

This month I was finally able to schedule a credit card QuickPay payment to this bank (after several months of not being able to).  However, on the scheduled day I received the message:
"Quicken was unable to process your payment because your external bank account ending in XXXXX8737 must first be validated on the Associated Bank website. Your payment has been canceled."
This is the payment account I use for Quickpay.  It was already set up at the bank's website and I have successfully used it to pay the bank directly on their website.  So this message is not correct.  It is really frustrating when Quicken and a payee cannot get  together and enable payments to happen.  Wish we could go back to the old Bill Pay provider (Metavante).  At least it worked reliably.
Quicken user since 1991 (first Windows 3.2 version), Beta tester, accounting partner.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Bills, Income & Transfers view (under the Bills & Income tab) there's a gear icon which offers a Review & Repair selection with 3 sub-selections. Please try the Review and Repair Payment Accounts selection first, then try the other two.
    Let us know if that worked.
  • Gordon Everest
    Gordon Everest Member ✭✭✭✭
    No this did not answer the question or solve the problem.  I tried all three options.  For R&R Payments, I have chosen the first entry because I still need to know when payment doesn't happen.  The other three choices are not appropriate.  They are copouts.  Quicken just needs to make payments happen.  This has happened with Associated Bank every month since Sept.  I am able to  schedule the payment (2 - 3 days before due date) then it is rejected with the reason I gave above.  The payment account is the same and I have used it to make payments directly on the website for the credit card so it is clearly there and validated because it has been successfully used.  How about Quicken goes back to using ACH?  It is reliable, predictable (2-3 days), and serves a much broader range of billers.  This is really getting frustrating.  I have stopped using my Capital One credit card because I am unable to make payments through Quicken.  So far I have been successful with Discover card, Barclays, and Chase Visa Cards but maybe they are coming to an end as well.
    Quicken user since 1991 (first Windows 3.2 version), Beta tester, accounting partner.