Biller Requires a Payment Date of Today or Earlier

"Biller Requires a Payment Date of Today or Earlier"

I get this message a lot when using Quick Pay (Quicken for Windows). The latest was today trying to make a future pmt to Verizon Wireless. I am certain that Verizon accepts future pmts.

Far too often I have to give up on Quick Pay and schedule direct payments through a billers web site.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @paton

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties making future payments to your biller. I took a look into your Verizon Wireless online biller/Account and did not notice anything out of sort at the moment. Therefore, I would recommend validating the online biller(s). 

To validate your online biller select Bills & Income >Settings >Review and Repair >Review and Repair Online billers. A visual example is below. 

Hope this helps. Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • paton
    paton Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I tried your advice, but that didn't solve the problem. Still getting "Biller requires a date of (today's date)". I believe I noticed that there is a current Quick Pay issue with Verizon. Let me know when it's resolved. Thx
  • paton
    paton Member ✭✭
    Here's ascreen shot
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @paton

Thank you for the response and additional information. You are correct, there is currently an alert for Verizon Wireless online biller. I will do my best to come back and post when it has been resolved. For your reference, I have also linked the alert. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899439/ongoing-9-20-21-verizon-wireless-experiencing-difficulty-syncing-paying-bills#latest

Please let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • paton
    paton Member ✭✭
    Just received the same message ("Biller Requires a Payment Date of Today or Earlier") for biller, Florida Power & Light (FPL).
  • jpmullis
    jpmullis Member
    I received the same message when attempting to pay my Dekalb County Ga water bill. When I went to the Dekalb County payment site to manually pay it, the site would not allow me to schedule it as a future payment. It would only accept an immediate payment. It may be a limitation of the biller's web site.