Citi Cards cc-501 errors

JMLMD
JMLMD Member
I was able to reinstall my Citi Cards to OneStep Update tonight. I used a new method and I don't know whether Quicken has solved this yet.
1. Add account under Tools Menu
2. Type Citi Cards in Search for your institution box
3. When you get the error message, go to citi.com/datamanagement and log in.
4. Allow Citi to make your info. available
5. Once it does, LOG OUT OF CITI.COM (important!)
6. Then go back into Quicken and complete the log in and password for you Citi account

This worked for me...

JMLMD

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Citi fixed the problems late last night.

EDIT I should also said thank you, like @Quicken Paloma said it very helpful to have the procedure.  Note that the authorization you found is required for Direct Connect, but isn't for Express Web Connect.  But Direct Connect is much better when it is available like this.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JMLMD

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. Your suggestion for a workaround is appreciated! This issue has been resolved but for those affected users this may be really helpful. 

Please let us know if you have questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • dewrayh
    dewrayh Member
    JMLMD, before I tried your procedure, I read Chris_QWP's post, which worked for me as well. Thanks to both of you for helping out the community!
  • JMLMD
    JMLMD Member
    Quicken says they're still working on it. Don't they read their own web site?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JMLMD

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the confusion. There were two alerts for Citi Bank/Cards. The first being CC-501 and the other being CC-502. Error CC-501 with Citi Cards has been resolved. However, error CC-502 with Citibank is still being worked on. At this time there is no ETA. Again, thank you for your patience. 

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Paloma thanks for the clarification.  I was only working with Citi Cards, not Citibank as a financial institution.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just notice that there is an important step missing in the above procedure.
    After typing in Citi Cards one should select Advanced Options so they can select Direct Connect.
    If they don't they will get Express Web Connect instead of Direct Connect, which is much more prone to errors.
    Signature: