How to download correct usaa balance

after an update 10 months ago (+/-) Q now downloads a balance from USAA Bank that includes pending transactions. Since these aren't downloaded, the balance is wrong (if there are any pending trans). May I politely say grrrrr. Any ideas? Any possibility Q will fix this? Q user 30+ years.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kncshn48

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. It is a very odd predicament since Quicken, as of now does not have the capability of downloading pending transactions. To better assist you, I need more information. For instance, what connection method are you using? Where are your main/active files stored (External hard drive, Cloud-based service, local)? Additionally, if you are able to obtain a screenshot of this it would be most helpful. 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may have to drag the image file into the response box. 

Please elaborate and once more information is obtained we can move forward in diagnosing the issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kncshn48

It is a very odd predicament since Quicken, as of now does not have the capability of downloading pending transactions.
    The more accurate statement is that Quicken doesn't decide what transactions to download.  For Direct Connect that is decided by the financial institution.  For Express Web Connect it could either be something the financial institution is doing or Intuit (which provides this service) is doing.

But if this is an USAA credit card this has been a problem since the beginning of the year when USAA switch their security process, and is yet to be fixed by them.
    There is numerous threads on this, but here is one of the longest ones.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20195782

Early one USAA was sending pending transactions for the checking/savings accounts, but that was resolved pretty quickly, but for the credit cards it has never been completely fixed.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/