Quicken running exceedingly slowly

Have noticed a number of different posts from long time Quicken users seeing significant performance issues in Windows 10 (and for me now also in Windows 11). The slowness is so bad it is getting debilitating. Each record I enter takes 10 seconds to commit before it allows me to move to next record. I have been a dedicated Quicken user for past 20 years and this is the first time I am thinking of leaving Quicken. I have tried validating and preparing file multiple times. I have tried deleting 5000 records in the "Memorized Payee List". I am running R35.31 Build 27.1.35.31. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hello @20YearQknUser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from Validating your data file, have you also tried Super Validating? If not, I suggest that you try super validating your data file next. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps. Then, please follow the instructions provided below.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja