Bank of America - OL-333-A [Edited]

tdapicejr
tdapicejr Member
I keep getting the OL-333-A error, I have gone all the way to the top of Bank Of America IT team and they are 100% certain my issue is with Quicken. For some reason when I now connect through Quicken I only have transactions going one way, I can't reconcile anymore, deposits, checks etc. will not upload, I can only schedule payments. The payments get assigned transaction numbers as usual but the Bidirectional operation has ceased to work. If Quicken cannot fix this then I need to get rid of it. I have used Quicken since 1988 and hate to leave but having to now manually update everything is proving to be mistake prone and not very useful. Bank Of America says there are numerous tickets on this [removed - inaccurate]

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps your issue is related to this Alert that was posted on 9/28?:  NEW 9/28/21 Bank of America OL 362 - A.
    BTW, BofA discontinued support of Direct Connect a while back.  They grandfathered in DC support for those who had DC set up with them at that time but new setups can only be done with Express Web Connect.  There have been some who have posted here that they used to have DC set up with BofA but had tried to deactivate/reactivate it to try to fix a connection issue and to their dismay they found that they could reconnect only with EWC.  You might want to keep this in mind if/when someone suggested that you deactivate/reactivate your BofA account(s) to troubleshoot.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R39.23 on Windows 10)
  • Guess what just worked. Since I had nothing to lose and have been a customer since 1988, I found a function in Quicken that no one in support suggested to run. I ran a tool that looks for database errors and tries to correct them, well it found multiple errors and was able to correct them. I them went back on line with Quicken and it was able to download all cleared transactions and deposits. I now have my bidirectional data working. Under Files to do a validate and repair and it worked, so there it was a Quicken issue, it found 12 things it corrected. 2 months I have been fighting this and almost gave up.
    Why Quicken support never even made mention of this who knows. Hope this helps someone else in trouble. I let BofA know what worked too.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2021
    I didn't know you had been having this issue for so long.  I'm glad Validate & Repair got it working for you.  Thanks for posting what fixed your issue so it can help others who might encounter a similar issue.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, BofA discontinued support of Direct Connect a while back.  They grandfathered in DC support for those who had DC set up with them at that time but new setups can only be done with Express Web Connect.  There have been some who have posted here that they used to have DC set up with BofA but had tried to deactivate/reactivate it to try to fix a connection issue and to their dismay they found that they could reconnect only with EWC.  You might want to keep this in mind if/when someone suggested that you deactivate/reactivate your BofA account(s) to troubleshoot.
    Something has changed recently that causes Bank of America-All Other States to initially reconnect with EWC. I disconnect and reconnect a lot for test purposes. It used to go straight to DC for me. Now it connects via (yuck) EWC unless I go through the "advanced" activation path and specify DC. This seems more like a Quicken change than a BofA change, but who knows. In any case, DC remains alive and well for us grandfathered old timers.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Something has changed recently that causes Bank of America-All Other States to initially reconnect with EWC. I disconnect and reconnect a lot for test purposes. It used to go straight to DC for me. Now it connects via (yuck) EWC unless I go through the "advanced" activation path and specify DC. This seems more like a Quicken change than a BofA change, but who knows. In any case, DC remains alive and well for us grandfathered old timers.
    Thanks for clarifying this.  BTW, it was about 6 months ago or so that I noticed Quicken will now default to EWC for all FIs when setting them up (provided EWC is supported by the FI).  It used to be that for me whenever I'd set up a new account and DC was available, Quicken would always default to that instead of EWC and then issue a warning that some FIs will have unique logins and charge monthly fees for DC.  So, yes, something changed.
    @tdapicejr - Look at the top of your BofA Account Register.  If it say you are connected via Express Web Connect you might want to consider try to upgrade that connection of Direct Connect as Direct Connect is a superior connection method.  You can do that from Account List or from the Online Services tab of Account Details. 
  • tdapicejr
    tdapicejr Member
    Looks like I am using Web Connect, still get the error OL-393-A, but everything is working. I am not following the procedure for Direct Connect.
  • zstatman
    zstatman Member ✭✭✭
    Also getting connect error and did check that is Express Connect and did the Validate & Repair
  • tdapicejr
    tdapicejr Member
    edited October 2021
    I am not sure what you are saying here. I am not following how to change the connection. All I can tell you is the Validate and repair now allows bidirectional data to happen. I can reconcile online again too. Just keep getting that error. [Removed-Disruptive/Rant].