Ability to select "Use" in Memorized Payee list to update several Transactions in register

I'd like to be able to select multiple transactions in the register, to be updated with "Use" from the memorized payee list dropdown menu.
Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription ;) . R35.31 Build 27.1.35.31
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you want to achieve with that? Can you give an example?
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    I have Costco transactions going back several years. Recently I wanted to change the Category from a singe category, to a Split category. My experience has shown me that about half of my expenses at Costco are Groceries and the rest are just Misc. So I set a transcacion showing just that and Memorized it as a Payee on the memorized it. Now I want to go back through to 1/01/2017 and find all my Costco transaction in my register and change then to have the split transaction category.

What I was doing is going to the transaction in my register and selecting it. Then I got to my Memorized Payees List, find the new memorized payee for Costco that has a split category, right click on that Costco transaction in the register and select "Use". The transaction now shows the split transaction. What I WANT TO DO is highlight multiple lines of Costco transactions, click "Use" and have multiple lines changed to show the splits, The only way I know to do it now is one line at a time. One Caviet... I only use manual web connect, and I do not have sync turned. Any possibility of making it so several lines can be updated at one time with "Use"? Feel free to rewrite my idea to make what I'm trying to do clearer.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's a new one on me, I didn't even know you could use the Memorized Payee List's "Use" to change the transaction you have selected in the register.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    Come on everybody, show me some love...give me that vote on a great feature! Here's what it look like on the Memorized Payees Page. Try it...you'll like it --- Hey Mikey!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The ability to apply splits to multiple transaction does seen nice, but this way seem a bit obscure to do it.
    And I wonder about how it would work given different total amounts.

But I did vote for it.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1
    You are the man!!!. Your honesty about not even knowing about it, shows you're a character, errr rather a man of great character! Come on superusers. If you won't vote for it please tell me a way I can convert multiple split transactions from a single category to multiple transaction splits in one step easily. I mean who knows maybe this has something to be used to fix all the "Split" problems that are showing up, wouldn't that be something??!!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sorry. You want to change your records - perhaps 200 of them - from one categorization approach to another. I don’t have that need. I haven’t seen other users voice that need. 

So you want Quicken to spend how many untold man-hours programming, debugging, quality-controlling changes to save you 2, 3, 4 hours of your time.  Sorry, I’m not suggesting (voting) Quicken to allocate scarce resources in that direction. 

Good luck. 
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2
    Well maybe some just learned about the feature that I brought up. If that is the case then those who just learned may start using it and see the merit in my Idea. So lets give it some time and see. Fair enough other TT guy? Heck I gave about $125 of my money to Quicken last year, so figured I'm entitled to ask. Think of all the money and man hours they put into web, Mobile and sync, and that turned out to cost them even more after it was released with thousands of problems. Money well spent? Maybe we should wait and see on that too. I remember back far enough when Quicken would do the small things uses requested, ahhh those were the days, and it worked VERY WELL! From a lot of the posts I read, Quicken is a train wreck with many considering alternatives.
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    @q_lurker I think it's fair to add that anyone that finds something that make their experience with Quicken easier and more enjoyable, and keeps me coming back for more of me $125 a year just might be worth asking for, don't you think? My money is as green as the next guys and I'm not getting it free by using pre subscription levels of Quicken. All I use Quicken for is a Register, and Reports, and I download manually. I don't tax the resources, just use what was established 20 years ago in a simple form. The perfect customer! Zoom Zoom.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TTSguy. Perfectly fair to ask. I just don’t see the return for the effort. 
    Zoom Zoom. 
    Wrong car!