How do I get the transaction drop down menu to list more payees?

I use to get a longer list of payees in the drop down list when creating a new transaction. The list got abbreviated to only about 6 or 7 payees about a month ago and I cannot figure out how to increase the number of payees in the list. TIA

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to check the relevant preferences: select Edit > Preferences...

If the issue persists, I suggest you rebuild the Memorized Payee List: press Ctrl + Shift and select Tools > Memorized Payee List

Note:  Before making significant changes to your Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you make any changes to Windows settings "to make text display larger or smaller"?
    Did you turn on View / Use large Fonts in Quicken?
    Did you make the Quicken window larger or smaller?
    On my laptop display the Payee List popup display when entering new transactions contains 12 lines, but only 10 lines with Use large Fonts enabled.
  • Regina@
    [email protected] Member ✭✭✭
    Hi UKR, I haven't made any changes.
  • Regina@
    Hi Sherlock, I do have all of those settings as you show them. I will try rebuilding my memorized payee list. Thanks.
  • Regina@
    That did not seem to fix the issue
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we're all just firing shots in the dark, hoping to hear an "Ouch!" ...

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Regina@
    It's just the drop down menu list of payees and categories. It's actually the category field that I'm having issues with - my apologies that I said payees in my original note.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just the drop down menu list of payees and categories. It's actually the category field that I'm having issues with - my apologies that I said payees in my original note.
    The image you provided shows that you have matched Amazon as the payee and there are only six such memorized payees.  To view the full payee list, clear the payee field (select the payee field and press the Backspace key).  Similarly, to view the full category list, clear the category field (select the category field and press the Backspace key).
  • Regina@
    This only started happening recently. I have Amazon with many other categories that used to list and for some reason they just stopped listing and limited to half a dozen or so.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    We really need to see what the memorized payee list looks like (how many Amazon entries are there in it) and know what you typed in the payee field, which is what the list is filtered to.

Example I have typed in Amazon.

And the Memorized Payee List.

Just as a test I added several more to my memorized payee list.

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This only started happening recently. I have Amazon with many other categories that used to list and for some reason they just stopped listing and limited to half a dozen or so.
    Quicken will limit the number of entries for a specific memorized payee to five unless we lock the entries and manually memorize the additional payee entries.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    Quicken will limit the number of entries for a specific memorized payee to five unless we lock the entries and manually memorize the additional payee entries.
    Wow that is something I never knew!
    Signature:
  • Regina@
    How do you manually set it to increase the limit?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try locking them.  That might be enough.  If that doesn't work delete some and use New Payee on the Memorized Payee List, or what I do when I have a new one in my register is select Ctrl+M.

I always lock my memorized payees, so that is probably why I didn't see this problem in my testing.
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do not manually set it to increase the limit.  It is a fixed constant and has not changed.

If you want to have more than five entries for a specific memorized payee, lock the existing entries and manually add the additional entries.
  • Regina@
    I’m not sure I understand how to do that
  • Regina@
    I think I figured out how to add a payee with a new category but I still don’t understand what changed. They must’ve done something with an update because I never had to do this before. Before it would keep a long list of the same payee with all the different categories that I’ve used recently