After Validate & Repair my Reminders show blank [edited]

hughstev
hughstev Member ✭✭
After running File Validate and repair, I had hundreds of reminders with no info or value. Had to resort to a backup. Very painful!!!

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hughstev

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, were the reminders manual or online billers? What was the underlying issue to which the validating and repair step was performed? Lastly, where are your main/active files stored? 

Please elaborate and once more information is gathered we can move forward in diagnosing this issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • hughstev
    hughstev Member ✭✭
    Attached is file validate report before repair. The reminders didn't seem to associated with anything and were all manual. The issue that caused me to run the validate was some reports that seemed wrong but weren't. Would like to get rid of the errors that are in the validate report but are afraid to run it again.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Validate and Repair can't fix all problems.  What's more it is mostly a "make it consistent" kind of operation.  As in there are links between various parts of the data if it is found that there is a link to no where or to some corrupted data it can certainly make it consistent by deleting data.

This is why it always bothers me that one of the main "fixes" for problems is to tell people to do Validate & Repair.  It can certainly fix some problems, but it certainly can cause more problems.  I tend to use backup copies much more than rely on Validate and Repair.  You will notice that if you run Validate and Repair it makes a backup before it does it.  Clearly the developers understand that this is a risky process.

Looking at your Validate and Repair log there are several damaged blocks reported.  That is some serious corruption.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/