Unable to Add Payment Account

Comments

• m.rickman
    m.rickman Windows Beta Beta
    I'm having the same issues.  I created a new Quicken file as instructed because of the FDP transfer issues, and am trying to set QBP back up.  I am using PNC Bank, and I know they have been having issues lately, but this seems to be a Quicken issue.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    m.rickman said:
    I'm having the same issues.  I created a new Quicken file as instructed because of the FDP transfer issues, and am trying to set QBP back up.  I am using PNC Bank, and I know they have been having issues lately, but this seems to be a Quicken issue.

Please try this: In the Bills, Income & Transfers view, select the gear icon, then select the Review and Repair option to Review and Repair Payment Account.
  • m.rickman
    UKR said:
    m.rickman said:

Please try this: In the Bills, Income & Transfers view, select the gear icon, then select the Review and Repair option to Review and Repair Payment Account.
    Already tried this, and got a popup that the payment accounts are in sync.  After trying this, I am still unable to add a payment account.  This issue (for me) has only cropped up since the last maintenance update for the FDP issue.  I've tried several work-arounds that I've seen posted over the past year, including changing one number in the account, adding the incorrect account, deleting this (incorrect) account and then re-adding the account with the correct number.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Try to see if your problem is related to the reported PNC issues. Do you have another checking account at another bank? If so, set it up as a payment account and see if you can get it to work.

I'm now at the bottom of my barrel (of advice). If that still doesn't work, please call Quicken Support.

• m.rickman
    edited October 2
    UKR said:

I'm now at the bottom of my barrel (of advice). If that still doesn't work, please call Quicken Support.

[Removed - Disruptive] I called the premium number that comes with my subscription and I was on hold for 18 minutes before I hung up.  Then I emailed CS.... 4 days ago with no reply.

[Removed - Rant/Speculation]
  • m.rickman
    edited October 5
    [removed - off-topic/unhelpful]  I tried again this morning, and still cannot add a new payment account.

[removed - off-topic/unhelpful]  
  • m.rickman
    You can continue to sensor me and remove comments that I feel are shared among many other users, but I will not be silenced until we get what we are paying for!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @m.rickman

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community and we apologize for the frustration you are experiencing.

The Quicken Community is a place for Quicken users to ask other users questions, receive advice or troubleshooting tips.  The Moderators are here to answer questions, help organize the content, and make sure everyone is behaving appropriately in the community.   We will edit, remove, or merge content as needed to maintain the quality of content in the community.  If you haven't already, we invite you to review the full Community Guidelines, available here

When the new file was created, was it created by creating a copy or restoring a backup of the original data file? 

Or was the new file created through the File > New Quicken File option and the accounts added from scratch?

If the new file was created through any means other than the File > New Quicken File option, were the accounts deactivated from Quicken Bill Pay in the original file?

If not, please open that original file, deactivate the accounts from Quicken Bill Pay and then attempt to reactivate them in the new file once more.

Does the error message still occur?  Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah