Trying to delet an online biller and cant.

Trying to delete the online biller "CITI" and reinstall it. I go to Bills & Income then Managee Billers and check to remove and receive "Q unable to remove this bill. Cannot remove bill with pending payments". This pending bill was paid on 9/23, so there is no pending bill. The Bills/Income page under CITI has said "try again" for several days and this month's bill became available on the CITI website 10/4. How do I correct this?
Thank you,
Dan

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Dan Miller,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers first, then see if it will allow you to remove the online billers you wish to delete. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, please navigate back to the gear icon and click Manage Online billers and attempt to remove the Online billers you wish to delete.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,
    I tried your recommendations and Review & Repair Online Billers said "Validations complete, local billers are in sync with the server" and then I went to Manage Online Billers and received the same message that I sent you earlier. So it didn't work

Next step?
    Thnks, Dan
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dan Miller

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering if we might need to delete and re-add the transaction or if the payment might show as stuck in the online center. In this case, I'd recommend taking a look at the article down below as it goes over a couple of different steps we can take to see if we're able to resolve the issue.

https://www.quicken.com/support/cannot-delete-online-payment-or-payee

Once you've had the chance to go through the article let us know if you're able to get the biller removed. If not we'll see what steps we can attempt next to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭
    Hi Francisco,

I looked at the article you sent me and followed the directions, several times to no avail. Deleting One Time Payments - I performed items 1-6 and every time I performed #6 nothing changed in the register, the payment I made to CITI is still there.
    I then tried Deleting Recurring or Repeating Online Payments - followed instructions but no payments were shown.

The payment to CITI was made on 9/23/21 and I received confirmation from CITI that it was received and the charged for the payment was deducted from my checking account.

What now?

Thanks,
    Dan
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Dan Miller thank you for trying the steps previously provided, though I apologize that the issue still continues to persist.

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Anja,
    The last time I had an issue with CITI loading the current bill Paloma, I assume your department refreshed the CITI on her end and it corrected the problem. Is this something you can do?
    Thank you for your help.
    Dan