How can I reconcile to the online balance if Quicken thinks no downloads have happened?

I wish to reconcile my account to the downloaded transactions and balances. The account updates to downloaded transactions as expected. But, when I reconcile, Quicken says that I have not downloaded transactions to the account. How can I get it to work? Would rather not have to delete and recreated the account if I can avoid it, and REALLY don't want to start a new Quicken file.
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @pqdarren,

Have you accepted all downloaded transactions into the account register?  If not, you should do that before attempting to reconcile the account.  If there are transactions that you don't want to accept, such as duplicates, you should delete them.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What message are you actually getting?
    This one?

Or this one?

Or something else?

Also what is the connection type for the account?  (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, Web Connect)
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pqdarren
    pqdarren Member
    I get this one.
    The account was created by connecting to my bank, and it updates correctly. That is the curious thing, why does Quicken think I have never downloaded transactions when it was made that way and updates fine.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    In theory, that message should only come up if you haven't downloaded today.  And for "today" I don't mean a 24 hour period.  If you downloaded at 11:59PM and then went to reconcile one minute later it will still prompt like that.

If it is still prompting you after downloading then the only thing I can think of is that somehow the account is messed up.  What I would do in that case is to deactivate it for downloading, create a new manual account, activate that one, and move whatever missing transactions there are from the old account (watching out to fix any opening balance transactions).  And then delete that old account.
    Here is how to move transactions between accounts.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @pqdarren

If you get that message your should first try to download transactions (regardless of the last time you downloaded).  If, after downloading, you still get the message, simply check the "Reconcile without downloading" button and reconcile the account.

Let me know how that goes or get back with any additional questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -