I am currently unable to download current stock prices. Does anyone else have this problem?

Stock prices are not currently updating

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Thank you again for your patience while our teams worked to resolve this matter.  This issue has been resolved and all stock quotes for 10/18/21 should now download into Quicken.

We apologize again for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Sarah

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please expand and explain
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was your latest successful update? In an Investing > Portfolio view, there will be a little clock icon in the Quote/Price column if the quote is not current. If you haver over the icon, it will show the date of the last update.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • pamarcandy
    pamarcandy Member ✭✭
    I went to the website "quicken.com" and then downloaded the quicken program (I had to do this last year 2020 to fix this). The file operation (quicken.exe) deleted my existing program (not data) and re-installed quicken. I then opened quicken, went to the "investing" tab, clicked on "update" and the stock prices finally updated to the current date/time. Thanks, Jim and Ps56k2 for helping me.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok.... don't think you needed to take such drastic action as re-downloading and re-installing Quicken....
    It would be interesting next time to do a little group mystery solving, to help uncover what might be happening.

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • pyt77
    pyt77 Member ✭✭
    I am unable to get my stocks to update
  • DCA
    DCA Member ✭✭
    and this has just happened to me...I have found out a few things about the prices however.
    It seems that Friday (Oct 15th prices) of all stocks now show 0 high, low and volume.
    I can delete any price from the 15th and earlier.
    On update they are restored but there are no new prices for today the 18th.
  • jason.jager
    jason.jager Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. Stock quotes are not downloading this morning...
  • MartyKing
    MartyKing Member
    edited October 18
    I don't seem to have a connection to the stock market. The investment tab is not updating with delayed stock quotes.
  • Thompson.JM
    Thompson.JM Member ✭✭
    Adding to this, my quotes are not updating either. Plus it appears last Friday's (October 15th, 2021) quotes only updated with the closing price, not the high-low and volumes.

I have re-validated my data file. I have also checked my IOS version of the file and the quotes are not updating in IOS app either.
  • DCA
    DCA Member ✭✭
    and this has just happened to me...I have found out a few things about the prices however.
    It seems that Friday (Oct 15th prices) of all stocks now show 0 high, low and volume.
    I can delete any price from the 15th and earlier.
    On update they are restored but there are no new prices for today the 18th.
    Tried a Validate and Repair. No effect.
  • Thompson.JM
    Thompson.JM Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I've also reviewed my stock prices on the IOS platform for Quicken. No new quotes in IOS either.
  • Karen D
    Karen D Member
    Having the same issue this morning. I tried the log out/log back in trick recommended previously and it did not work. Still not getting today's price updates (Oct 18).
  • Cyndy Young
    Cyndy Young Member ✭✭
    Same issue here
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭
    Same for me in QWin. But I'm okay with that. Full View on Fidelity shows my portfolio dropped a little this AM (10/18). I only want good news. :wink:
  • DCA
    DCA Member ✭✭
    edited October 18
    [removed - duplicate]
  • Karen D
    Karen D Member
    My stock quotes just started updating again.
  • CJOhnson
    CJOhnson Member
    Not updating on my program either
  • elkinsl
    elkinsl Member ✭✭
    Same issue
  • kpatel01
    kpatel01 Member
    Same issue here. Any update to fix this issue
  • T-Hay
    T-Hay Member
    Same issue.
  • cfe
    cfe Member ✭✭
    Just to pile on, I'm having the same issue
  • mc429e
    mc429e Member
    me too
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

May I ask, are you experiencing the failed quote update for all held securities?  Or are some updating, but others aren't?

If some are updating, but others aren't, what stocks/quotes are failing to update?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • T-Hay
    T-Hay Member
    Seems to be working fine now.
  • Bob P
    Bob P Member ✭✭
    All held securities are NOT updating!
  • elkinsl
    elkinsl Member ✭✭
    None of my quotes are updating
  • Pam Ippel
    Pam Ippel Member ✭✭
    edited October 18
    There is no error message. When I looked at the Price History, there was an entry created for 10/18 and 10/15 with only Price populated. The Price for 10/18 matches the Price for 10/15. High, Low or Volume all have value of 0. I deleted 10/15 and 10/18 from one of the stocks and hit update and all of my stocks updated and everything seems to be correct.
  • TexMike
    TexMike Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue at 10:40 am CT. Stock quotes not updating. Friday's high/low/volume is still zero. What is the problem here?
  • gdlhou
    gdlhou Member
    It's not updating any of my holdings, nor am I getting any error messages.
  • impour77
    impour77 Member ✭✭
    This morning I went in to check on stocks and used the "update" button in Investments. No change even after the markets had been open for several hours. Is there an issue with Quicken we should be aware of? The accounts do update after updating in transactions, but quotes are not being updated there either. I tried shutting down and restarting Quicken but that didn't help.
This discussion has been closed.