Stop the Maximum Number of Datasets Error from Occurring

It seems there are a variety of causes for the error. Mine was creating a new dataset (I only had 1 other one). The only solution is to contact support and have them reset it on their end. I suggest they find what is causing the issue or allow the customer to resolve the issue on their end. 
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Improved: Copy and Backup File support has been updated to prevent connection problems.
      • Using a copy of a Quicken file that contains connected accounts, syncs to the cloud, or uses services such as Bill Presentment or Quicken Bill Manager can cause problems if you perform certain connected actions in the file copy and then switch back to using the original file. To prevent these issues, using the Copy command in Quicken will now create a copy that has all the online services disconnected. This is useful when creating an archive file you don’t intend to update in the future via download, or when you’d like to use the new file as a “template” or starting point for a new, separate Quicken file. 
      • If you only want to create a copy of your file for troubleshooting purposes or to experiment with a new feature, you can also make a copy, then reconnect any accounts you need, and proceed to use the copy.
      • If you want to make a complete Backup of your file to possibly restore in the future, use the Backup option instead. A backup will not have connected services disabled when you open the backup via the Restore Backup feature.
      • Please review this help document if you have questions.

Quicken for Windows Release Notes

- Creating a partial/template file or year end backup (quicken.com)
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Although I have not experienced this yet fingers crossed, I know it will come.  I support at minimum a more efficient alternative way to have it reset so that we don't spend time on the phone.  Perhaps a specific link only for this purpose to make the request with a reasonably quick resolution time.
    - Techie; US Subs QWin Deluxe user since 2010
    - I don't use Sync, Cloud, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr
    - Main Q: R32.12 on Win10 * Test Q: Latest on Win11