Make [unreconciled] transactions grey instead of the other way around.

TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
Many of us are waiting for dark mode, with no guarantee if or when it will happen. I'm visionally impaired and just can't get enough contrast to see my [unreconciled] transactions.

I can see the [reconciled] ones well because they have more contrast. Since most of us spend more time looking at the majority of the register or the [unreconciled] ones why not make the non [reconciled] transactions greyed out instead of the [reconciled] ones (per preferences). This would make it easier for me to see most of all my transaction better, as they would be darker and easer to see.

[edited for readability and verbiage]
Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription  R36.23 Build 27.1.36.23
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14
    We may already control whether reconciled transactions are gray or not: select Edit > Preferences...

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    What I want to do is " Grey UNCATORIZED transactions, and leave categorized ones in black. Opposite the way it currently is.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    What I want to do is " Grey UNCATORIZED transactions, and leave categorized ones in black. Opposite the way it currently is.

That's a new one for me. I have never seen uncategorized transactions in a register appear different from correctly categorized ones, unless ...
    What is the "Clr" status of your uncategorized transactions? "blank", "c" or "R"?
    And what about the categorized ones?
    Can you show us a snapshot of the register with a sampling of both categorized and uncategorized transactions?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15
    It appears someone has edited the original title and post of this proposal.  The original proposal specifically requested the ability to grey reconciled transactions, functionality that already exists.  The post also requested the ability to gray transactions that are not reconciled instead of the reconciled transactions.  That would be new functionality.  

The author indicated in a subsequent post that what was wanted is to gray uncategorized transactions.  That would be new functionality but I wonder how it would be able to coexist with the current ability to gray reconciled transactions.  The author also appears to incorrectly believe that the current functionality grays categorized transactions.
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    Instead of Preferences > "grey reconciled transactions", make it "grey unreconciled transactions" as the selection. Then a very high percent of the transactions in your register will stay black, enabling it easier to see all the darker transaction. When we look at the screen why not make the default so the majority of the transactions stay dark.  This way you could still differentiate the categorized from uncategorized, as the uncategorized would be lighter. Just create the ability to have all transactions stay dark, or select "grey unfactorized" if you want to establish a differentiation. More users could see more transactions in bold as a default.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18
    TTSguy said:
    Instead of Preferences > "grey reconciled transactions", make it "grey unreconciled transactions" as the selection. Then a very high percent of the transactions in your register will stay black, enabling it easier to see all the darker transaction. When we look at the screen why not make the default so the majority of the transactions stay dark.  This way you could still differentiate the categorized from uncategorized, as the uncategorized would be lighter. Just create the ability to have all transactions stay dark, or select "grey unfactorized" if you want to establish a differentiation. More users could see more transactions in bold as a default.
    Transactions may be reconciled, cleared, or uncleared.
    Transaction entries may be categorized or uncategorized.

We already have the ability to have all transactions stay dark.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is sound like to me is that @TTSguy wants a way that categorized and uncategorized "look different".

Normally all my transactions are categorized, but every once in a while one will slip through and that is one reason I have the See Where Your Money Goes up on my Home tab:

Clicking on this link gives:

The nice thing about this view is that it included all the accounts.
    The new Dashboard has the same:

Clicking on the transaction takes you to the same filtered Spending view.

In the account itself you can also select:

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    Very gross error on my part. It was my intention to say " Unreconciled" not "Uncategorized" transactions.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TTSguy if you meant to say "Unreconciled" why did you post a correction on Oct 14 making it clear you were talking about "Uncatorized" and "Categorized"? That prompted someone to change your title and original post correspondingly.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    I made an error. I'm Sorry!