Why no Find and Replace (by category)? (Q Mac)

wags500
wags500 Member
Why is the ability to search transactions for a specific Category (and other fields like Date, etc.) no longer available? Other posts talk about a convoluted way to find/replace but require you to know the Payee first (if I understand the comments).

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @wags500  I am apparently not understanding what you are trying to do and having trouble with. The Search box in Quicken has not changed, and can certainly be used to search for all transactions in a specific category, or on a specific date. 

Are you trying to change all transactions using one category to a different category? This is easy to do (but with one important caveat). Find all the transactions for the existing category. Select them all, or the ones you want to change. Select Transactions > Edit Transactions (or Command-E). In the pop-up Transactions In fo screen, select a new category, and it will be replaced in all the selected transactions. (Now, here's the caveat: this does not work for categories on split transactions, only on transactions without splits.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • CraigMac
    CraigMac Member ✭✭
    @jacobs I think the other caveat is you can't edit the Amount column using this technique. If I could I would be able to get by using this technique...
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @CraigMac I’m just curious: why would you need to mass edit a bunch of transactions from one amount to another amount?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993