One Step Update Summary - 178 of 179 quotes... updated driving me nuts

This has been going on for as long as I can remember: When I do a One Step Update, it ALWAYS tells me one equity did not update, and it's always CITIGROUP (ticker "C"). When I hit the "See a Report" link in the dialog it shows Citi as the culprit, and the "Download Quotes" box is checked. It's also checked in the setting where the entire list of equities is shown. No matter what I do, I always get this message. The quote is currant in the Investing>>Portfolio>>Value tab, but that's probably because I typically use the update button at the end of the day anyway. I probably should try seeing if it updates from day to day just doing the One Step, but knowing what's happening in my portfolio via the "Update" button is more important than one position. I've done File Validations at various times over the last several months for other issues or preventive maintenance, and this has never resolved it anyway, so not sure where to go with this. It's only the one symbol that gets called out. Quicken Premier for Windows R35.31

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    That report has been messed up for a decade.  It's not about Citi. 

The usual culprit is a recent bond purchase or some other security that does not get updated by the quotes provider and only gets updated during OSU by the financial institution. Uncheck download quotes from the culprit security and the error will clear. Good luck hunting for it.
  • MauryJ
    MauryJ Member ✭✭
    Thanks! It's a minor irritant on an otherwise overall good use experience. I've been using Quicken since 1995, and the chronic bugs I typically encountered are mostly all swatted down, so it's telling when my major pain at the moment is relatively inconsequential like this one.
  • MauryJ
    MauryJ Member ✭✭
    By the way - this never corrected. I unchecked Citi and it still is named as the quote that doesn't return in the one step update, so I give up until Quicken figures out a solution. I have bigger Quicken problems than this one.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    That's because as I mentioned, it's not Citi causing the problem. It's another holding you have checked that the quotes provider does not update, like an individual bond or an unlisted holding.