Re-install Quicken

I have been a user of Quicken since 2012. About 10 days ago my system failed, and I installed a new motherboard and Windows 11. Quicken needed to be reinstalled, and it is now asking me for a 16 digit "activation code". Chat has told me that I need a subscription, but the username and password was accepted by Quicken, and it seems ODD to me that I need to pay for the updated version, (I have updated Quicken several times) when I have ALREADY paid for uptodate Quicken. Can I be helped to reinstall the software I had on the failed system onto the new system?
Tony

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    16 digit code? That sounds like for Turbo Tax.  Did you put in the Turbo Tax CD?  Turbo Tax for 2020 needs a 16 digit activation code (14 for 2019).   What quicken version did you have?  Do you have the Quicken CD or you can just download it again.  
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Shortcircuit , I would start by signing into your online account at Quicken.com website from a browser, then click on subscriptions and it will show you the validity and upcoming renewal date of your subscription license.

@volvogirl , FYI my Quicken activation licenses have always been 16 digits.
    - Techie; US Subs QWin Deluxe user since 2010
    - I don't use Sync, Cloud, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr
    QWin R36.45 on Win11 Pro

• I do not consider myself to be Internet ignorant, but I can not find the word "Subscription" anywhere on the Quicken.com sign in webpage. Am I missing something? Signing in does not solve the problem. Regardless of the webpage, I cannot find the word "subscription" (not even "SEARCH" can find that word). I am nearing the point of PURCHASING Quicken Deluxe" again, however I do hesitate to spend $50.00 for software I have already purchased.
    Tony
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18
    @Shortcircuit , Very strange!  When I login to my Quicken online account at Quicken.com, I get the screenshot attached below.  If you don't see this, then for some reason their system is not recognizing you as a paid registered user - maybe.

- Are you sure you are using the same email address you used to register your product?
    - Can you access your credit card receipt to see when you purchased it?  and hence contact Quicken support for resolution.
    Subscriptions are typically valid for 1-year but sometimes 2-year offers exists too.  If you have to buy it again, do research it online as you may find sales at other stores and save a few $.  You can buy it from Quicken or any reputable online or retail store.  All you need is the activation key.  Sorry for not being able to help you any further, but here is their support link to make a phone call which you probably already have.  Regards

QWin R36.45 on Win11 Pro

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Shortcircuit, just thought of one more thing.  I wonder if you are confusing Quicken community with your Quicken online account.  This is the community (community.quicken.com) where you and I are communicating right now.  Your Quicken's online account is different and it is https://www.quicken.com/

QWin R36.45 on Win11 Pro

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18
    I have been a user of Quicken since 2012.
    As a walk thru - start at .... https://www.quicken.com/
    Then using the hamburger menu upper right - find and click on the SIGN IN selection.
    This could be tricky, as the Quicken webpage design is flawed, and may not display ALL of the required screen.
    That should get you the Sign In screen as below -

Next you should see the screen layout posted above for Subscriptions.

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10