Request to reauthorize accounts

Some long-standing accounts have requested I reauthorize the connection before allowing transaction downloads. Following the steps to reauthorize always results in failure to reauthorize so I cannot download transactions. It has happened with Chase and Capital One. Anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @mrlarsen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @mrlarsen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • jazz704
    jazz704 Member
    Following... same issue for the last three days.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @"mrlarsen & @jazz704 ,

This might have occurred because of a Software Update by Quicken or by the operating system, changing the fingerprint of the device. The Banks are big on Security. Especially, when using Express Web Connect.

https://www.quicken.com/support/changes-your-account-services-quicken

"When you update or add your accounts in Quicken, you'll be prompted to authorize your accounts–just enter your financial institution username and password, check the box next to each of your accounts, and then authorize the access.  Make sure all of your accounts are checked, even if they're already added to Quicken.  See this FAQ for complete instructions for Windows."

"

If you have multiple accounts

You'll need to authorize your accounts for each instance of your financial institution individually. 

For example, if you have a checking account with Acme Bank, and a credit card account with Acme Bank - Credit Cards, you will need to go through the process twice, one for each instance of your financial institution.  Don't worry–Quicken will prompt you if you need to go through the process more than once.  

If you do need to go through the migration process more than once, it's important that you don't uncheck any accounts listed on the authorization screen, unless you don't want to see the account at all in Quicken:"

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R36.45  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19044.1348
                       Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit Build 22000.318
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19044.1348

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• thight
    thight Member
    Same exact issue. I've tried multiple times and it tells me that I've signed in successfully but that it can't find my account. Very frustrating.
  • mrlarsen
    mrlarsen Member ✭✭
    This continues to fail for Capital One accounts. I reset the connection and it works for a day then fails again the next day. The Quicken One Step Update is great when it works, but it doesn't work with Capital One, so I don't use it anymore. Instead I do a manual transaction download to get my transactions.
  • mrlarsen
    mrlarsen Member ✭✭
    Is there any plan at Quicken to get online update working for Capital One bank? It is not working now and has not worked for a month.
  • shelkol
    shelkol Member
    When is a fix expected for this issue. I reauthorized 4 times successfully but still get the request to reauthorize
  • mrlarsen
    mrlarsen Member ✭✭
    I continue to have this problem with Capital One - repeatedly requesting reauthorization in an endless circle.
  • BobGwin
    BobGwin Member
    One Account, same prob, says it cant find my account but gives the correct last 4 digits for account it cant find!
  • swhorton1960
    swhorton1960 Member
    edited November 23
    Exact same problem here except I received emails, 3 times, from Capital One stating I have reauthorized my accounts but every time go thru the same thing each time I download. Is there a fix in the works or are we waiting for the next quicken update [Removed - Disruptive/Speculation]. I do miss the days when you could just buy the disc and be done.