Main checking account causes Quicken to become unstable

I see that others have had this same issue. Whenever I use my main checking account or any account linked to Wells Fargo or Wells Fargo Advisors, Quicken becomes unstable and flips between windows. It causes the entire computer to do this. I have to quickly go to Task Manager and try to click fast enough to close Quicken to regain control of the computer. This had happened previously on a different computer and I ended up switching computers. That helped until the update that was installed today, 10/19/21. Now it is worse than ever. Previously, it would eventually settle down after about 10 minutes of flipping around. Now it goes on until I close Quicken.

I saw another post on this and I tried all of the fixes including Super Verify. I had already reinstalled Quicken.

This has been happening off and on for almost a year but now it has made Quicken unusable. I am using the most recent Windows 10 version.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @davegidd,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try and perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • davegidd
    davegidd Member
    This was a new installation on a different computer from the one I had the problem on originally, so there should be no need to uninstall/reinstall it. It wasn't on this computer previously.