Quicken Medical Expense Manager - update?

Years back, Intuit had developed and sold software known as Quicken Medical Expense Manager . Completely separate from Quicken and it does not access any data online. It is software that resides only on your computer. I still use it (on windows 10) although it is no longer supported. The software not only allows tracking of payments, expenses, insurance payments and the like, but also your health issues. So I can easily look back and see what test, vaccination, doctor visit I had, what was the outcome , and when. I don't know if Intuit still owns this, or sold it off when then sold off Quicken. But it would be so helpful to bring that back or something similar. It's probably available somewhere online for download. I am hoping the new owners of Quicken would consider developing this or updating it.
10 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it online, downloaded, and have been using it for about a year. I find it very useful and would also appreciate an update.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • GerryS
    GerryS Member ✭✭
    My wife & I have been using Quicken MEM since 2008. With our multiple medical issues and the complexity of medical billing these days, we couldn't survive financially without MEM to track & reconcile our medical expenses and reimbursement. :)
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I created a simple spreadsheet that does the same exact thing as the Medical Expense Manager.  I created it in Mac Numbers, so I'm sure it could be done in Excel or Google Sheets.   And I'm no genius when it comes to spreadsheets.  So, I'm sure just about anyone could do the same.  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Version 2 of QMEM, the only update ever released, can be found here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-med-expenses.html
    I'm the QLC SuperUser who sent it to QuicknPerlWiz for his website.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • 234goDaddy
    234goDaddy Member
    YES, please reinstate this program. I've been using it since at least 2007 and continue to use it. Microsoft Windows changes to OS over time is making this harder to install. I now have a new computer with Windows 10 and now I cannot install this program. I now need to use an older computer just for this program.
  • alan14
    alan14 Member ✭✭✭
    It can be installed in Win 10, I have done it.  Installation might fail once or twice but eventually it will install and run correctly.  

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    YES, please reinstate this program. I've been using it since at least 2007 and continue to use it. Microsoft Windows changes to OS over time is making this harder to install. I now have a new computer with Windows 10 and now I cannot install this program. I now need to use an older computer just for this program.
    I wonder if Quicken Inc even has the rights to the software.  It was an Intuit product. Just because Intuit sold off Quicken doesn't mean it gave away everything that has Quicken in its name.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually if you study the footer in the Quicken website, Intuit still owns the Quicken name and licenses it to Quicken Inc.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually if you study the footer in the Quicken website, Intuit still owns the Quicken name and licenses it to Quicken Inc.
    Exactly, they sold the program "Quicken", nothing else.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tcremer
    tcremer Member ✭✭
    This is a product that interests me as well
  • bill20
    bill20 Member ✭✭
    I've been using it for almost 5 years with no problems, would love to see it updated and maintained. Once in a while if I have to uninstall quicken I also lose medical. I don't know why,but I reinstall and everything is OK
  • I noticed that this product is owned by Intuit?  If that is true, then Quicken Inc. might not have any say in what can, or cannot be done with the software.  But, I think it would be a great idea if Quicken Inc. could incorporate medical expense tracking capabilities into Quicken.
  • alan14
    alan14 Member ✭✭✭
    I use this on windows 10.  Has anyone installed  on a windows 11 system?  I need to get a new PC and wonder if I can use this software.  Thanks