BBVA merger with PNC

I am able to download transactions from my new PNC Virtual Wallet checking account to my Quicken. However, I am not able to pay bills from Quicken to the PNC's bill paying . Can some one help.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bobman,

Are you connecting using the Direct Connect or the Express Web Connect method?  If it's the latter - you'll need to change the method to Direct Connect to use PNC's bill payment service.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    PNC has several different links for account setup.  Do you remember which link you set it up with?
    Also, what connection method is your account set up with?  (The top of your Account Register screen will say.)
    (QW Premier Subscription: R36.48 on Windows 10)
  • Bobman
    Bobman Member ✭✭
    express web connect
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21
    EWC does not support Bank Bill Pay. You will need to change your connection method from EWC to DC so you can use Bank Bill Pay with PNC.   To do this you will need the Customer ID and PIN that PNC should have sent you in 2 separate mailings earlier this month (assuming you had Bank Bill Pay set up with BBVA previously).  If you do not have these or cannot find them you will need to call PNC to get them.
    Note that PNC has been having some issues with their DC connection...$0.00 online balance, transactions not downloading but accepting Bank Bill Pay and transfer transactions.  It seems that perhaps the issue was resolved yesterday but only time will tell if it really has been.
    Here are the steps to take to upgrade your connection method to DC:
    1. Back up your data file in case something goes wrong.
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > General tab > remove all Financial Institution Information in the upper right quadrant > OK.
    3. Repeat #2 for every PNC account.
    4. Add Account > PNC Bank - Direct Connect > Advanced Options > Direct Connect > Next > enter your PNC supplied Customer ID and PIN > Connect > follow the prompts.
    5. During the set up process, Quicken will likely prompt you to decide what to do with data that was downloaded.  Make sure to select "Link to existing" and select the account in Quicken to be linked to.
    6. During this process, transactions might be entered into your account(s) that are duplicates of what was previously entered.  If this happens, the duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted.
    After completing these steps you should be set up with DC and can use Bank Bill Pay.
    If you decide not to upgrade your connection to DC at this time you can still schedule your Bill Payments from your online PNC account instead of from within Quicken.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R36.48 on Windows 10)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bobman,

So you've got a decision to make.

As I noted above you cannot pay bills through PNC's bill payment process unless you use the Direct Connect method.  But you are using PNC's Virtual Wallet and with that feature, you must connect through Express Web Connect (in other words - you cannot use Direct Connect).  

So you'll need to decide which feature you want for this account - either PNC's Bill Pay process, or PNC's Virtual Wallet.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.