Upgraded, confront with this when updating - I don't completely understand it . . (Q Mac)

Gotom
Gotom Member ✭✭
i.e. Will re-setting this file cause me to lose some older transactions from the register?

What's your guidance?

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    If you are confident that the file you have opened is the latest and greatest, the click the Reset Quicken Cloud button. This will overwrite what's stored on the server with the contents of this file. As long as you don't update from another copy of the file, you should then not see this again.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    The data file name on your hard drive is whatever YOU named it. Click on the red Q logo in the upper right of the Quicken screen to see the name of the current file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    edited October 24 Accepted Answer
    Resetting your cloud data should never affect your local data file. 

Answers

• RickO
    Accepted Answer
    If you are confident that the file you have opened is the latest and greatest, the click the Reset Quicken Cloud button. This will overwrite what's stored on the server with the contents of this file. As long as you don't update from another copy of the file, you should then not see this again.
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭
    Thank you RickO - hopping on bike - will do on return to base!
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭
    Stopped - fear of losing old transactions from register - but have Time Machine backup - what's the name of the data file just in case? Thanks, Tom
  • jacobs
    Accepted Answer
    The data file name on your hard drive is whatever YOU named it. Click on the red Q logo in the upper right of the Quicken screen to see the name of the current file.
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭
    edited October 23
    Still haven't done anything - but need to ask why the register that opened in the 6.4.2 version is 2 mo. old - i.e. that last transaction is Aug. 16 - and I've had activity since.
  • RickO
    It sounds like you opened an older file. Click the File menu and then Open Recent and see if there's a different file that's more recent. If not, click File > Show Backups in Finder and see if there's a more recent backup file.
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭
    Am not sure what I did but the file now has some recent (Oct.) transactions - and goes back to 1992 - I don't want to lose it and it looks like if I re-set it - it disables Quicken Cloud for other copies of the file. But, no other copies of it are in use - or ever used - so why am I worrying - except once I reset I'm afraid I'll lose my historic transactions. Maybe I'm overthinking . . .
  • jacobs
    edited October 24 Accepted Answer
    Resetting your cloud data should never affect your local data file. 
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭
    Yay!! It worked - and no transactions going back to 1992 lost either! Thank you RickO and jacobs . . . . ! Tom
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify what "Reset cloud data" means.  It means "throw away the Quicken cloud dataset and recreate it by sends the data from the Quicken Desktop data file."  So whereas you might lose old data on the Quicken cloud dataset (which Mobile/Web are the GUIs for) you shouldn't lose data in the Quicken Desktop data file.  Note that for a new sync they send two years of data, but once that sync is done the Quicken cloud dataset and go beyond two years, and as such that is what a reset would loose.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭
    Thank you Chris!