Separate Lines for Payments and Credits in Reconciliation Window.

My credit card statement has separate lines for payments and credits, but Quicken’s reconciliation window has only one line for payments and credits, forcing me to add my payments and credits. It would be much more convenient if Quicken had separate lines. Please join me and petition Quicken to add separate lines for payment and credits.
Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote that Quicken only prompt for the Ending statement date and Ending balance.  Too many users mistakenly believe Quicken actually uses the other fields.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    I vote that Quicken only prompt for the Ending statement date and Ending balance.  Too many users mistakenly believe Quicken actually uses the other fields.

I learned that trick many years ago, not having the fields would save me the effort of entering $0 in both of the fields because you have to enter something.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with @Sherlock

I see no reason to enter data that is not used in any way and takes time (and sometimes effort) to enter.
    Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the justification for those fields.

I have never seen them be useful for anything (you can enter anything you like in them and it doesn't show up anywhere).  I remember people complaining when years ago I suggested removing them, that they needed them, but they do nothing as far as I can tell.  They certainly shouldn't be required fields.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I concur with all the discussion above. If the developers use this information somewhere or somehow, please tell us so we can understand the value. Otherwise, let's deprecate these apparently unnecessary inputs.