Lots of issues post R36.23 update

I've been encountering a ton of issues after this update. Main issue now is the Application crashing when I try to open. Previously, I was trying at add an account and the app freezes during the connection to the bank. Data issues after this (lots of broken transactions from a validate performed.) After this when I attempted a one step update I received a "membership has ended" message (it hasn't ended.) Anyone else seeing massive issues?

Comments

• Hello @Richard Gevis, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. For this particular instance, it is recommended to un/reinstall your Quicken. 

For instructions on un/reinstalling Quicken please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-uninstall-quicken-windows

When you have a moment please attempt the steps from the Help Article above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Richard Gevis
    Richard Gevis Member ✭✭
    I did uninstall this release (took a couple tries - had to delete the x86\Quicken directory and files to get it fully uninstalled) and downloaded and installed 27.1.35.31. This is at least starting. I had it crash while reconciling an account, although a validate didn't show any data issues after this issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Richard Gevis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.
    I did uninstall this release (took a couple tries - had to delete the x86\Quicken directory and files to get it fully uninstalled) and downloaded and installed 27.1.35.31. This is at least starting. I had it crash while reconciling an account, although a validate didn't show any data issues after this issue.
    Since you last posted; was this the only crash that occurred, or have you encountered any further crashes since then?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Richard Gevis
    Richard Gevis Member ✭✭
    Yes I have. The application crashed while reconciling an account subsequent to the install. A validate and super validate have not identified issues with the data.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 28
    Thank you for your response and for providing additional information.

In that case, I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Richard Gevis
    Richard Gevis Member ✭✭
    35.31 also had issues - had 2 crashes (one time reconciling an account, one time adding an investment transaction.) Did yet another uninstall this time w/ clean reinstall - will see what happens. I'm back on 36.23 now.