Has anyone had a problem with quicken not syncing your securities value to mobile dataset?

My securities values are not syncing to my mobile/web dataset...the cash values sync correctly but the securities values are zero?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jpreine

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend resetting your cloud data set, then attempting to resync. Before starting this process please ensure that you have backed up your file. 

To reset your cloud data select Edit >Preferences >Mobile & Web >Reset your cloud data. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • jpreine
    jpreine Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response Paloma. Resetting my cloud data did not fix the problem. I also created a new Quicken "testfile" and added one of my investment accounts to this file and synced to mobile & web...the data was correct in mobile & web app for "testfile". Then I went back and opened my normal datafile in Quicken and tried to re-sync but same issue happened....none of my securities values are being uploaded to mobile & web app? Do you have any other ideas?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jpreine,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue as well as trying the reset instructions that were previously provided by Quicken Paloma, though I apologize that you continue to experience trouble and for the delay in receiving a follow-up response.

Next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

Before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, you will then need to sign out of the Quicken Mobile and/or Web app(s), and on your desktop program, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and click on the blue Sync Now button. If successful, sign back in on your Quicken Mobile and/or Web app(s) to see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • jpreine
    jpreine Member ✭✭
    Thank you Anja for the suggestion. I followed the above steps to manually reset my cloud data and this did NOT fix the issue. My Quicken Mobile and Web app still do not show my securities value for my investment accounts associated with my main data file. I also added one of my investment accounts to "my new testfile" and synced to mobile & web accounts....the securities value did show correctly in mobile & web app for this testfile. What are your suggested next steps? Thanks.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying that, though I'm sorry to hear that the issue still continues to persist.

If you've made any changes to your data file since your last response, please save another backup just in case you need to revert back after troubleshooting.

Next, I suggest that you again sign out of the companion apps, then navigate to the Mobile & Web tab and click the gear icon located on the right next to the box titled Accounts enabled on mobile and web and click Account settings (see below).

From there, on the following screen, go ahead and uncheck your investment accounts that do not currently show securities value in the companion apps, then click Update Accounts.

Once that is done, attempt to reset Cloud Sync again by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Reset your cloud data.

After the reset has been completed, navigate back to the Mobile & Web tab and the Account Settings gear. Re-check the checkboxes to re-add your investment accounts to Cloud Sync and click Update Accounts. After that, go ahead and sign back into your companion apps to see whether or not the issue has been resolved.

Check back and let us know how it goes! 
    -Quicken Anja
  • jpreine
    jpreine Member ✭✭
    I just finished these steps but it did not resolve the issue. My securities values still show to be zero on mobile & web app. Wow, this is extremely frustrating. Are there any additional suggestions? I really need to get this resolved as I rely heavily on being able to view my accounts remotely. Thanks.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up, though I apologize for the frustration this issue is causing you.

At this point, I believe it may be best if you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance so our support agents can further investigate and possibly file an escalation if they see fit as I suspect that this issue may require assistance from our Tier 2 team.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jason C3
    Jason C3 Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2021
    I had the same issue. The previous fix no longer works. I repeated the steps recommended by support and even spoke with support over chat. According to them the mobile app does not show securities or investments. 

I will try calling on Monday.
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Anja, Paloma, (and fellow frustratees),
    I, too, have been having the same problems for over a month: MOST my investment accounts on the Quicken mobile app (Android) are showing up with no assets at all, or with the cash balances but with no holdings. I say “MOST” because three of my 22 investment accounts do appear in the mobile app with the correct holdings.

I have followed all of your suggestions to a “T” multiple times but I get the same results each time: a fraction of my holdings appearing on the mobile app.

With so many of use experiencing this, it sure looks like a software issue.
    The Quicken telephone support team is usually excellent, but I have often had experiences where we spend hours on the phone only to find out we have to wait for a software fix. I don’t have the bandwidth for that again. Please advise as to if this is being addressed at the developer level and when we will see a fix, or if anyone is having success with telephone support and what they are doing to fix the issue.

I believe that I am using the latest Quicken versions: for Windows 10 (R36.38, Build 27.1.36.38) and Quicken Mobile for Android 6.12.0 (25695). Thank you!
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    Hello Quicken Team (Anja, Paloma).   Is there any news or updates on this problem?  It persists!    Jim
  • jpreine
    jpreine Member ✭✭
    It persists for me too. I plan on calling Quicken Monday (again) to request they place a higher priority on resolving the issue.
  • Wade Shanley
    Wade Shanley Member ✭✭
    found this thread...Im having exactly all the same issues noted above. tried everything and still no resolution. only cash balances showing up in random investment accounts that are syncing. It makes no sense at all, why would some accounts sync securities and others not? this has to be a bug of some sort. would be great to get some sort of update here. the Quicken Mobile app has been a big disappointment.
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    I am finding the lack of recent response and/or acknowledgment by any of the forum moderators (Anja, Paloma) quite disconcerting and disappointing.  The issue persists across a wide swath of Quicken users.  Could someone from Quicken PLEASE let us know if this is a known, recognized issue, if it is being addressed, and if so, when we can expect some kind of resolution.  THANK YOU.     
  • jpreine
    jpreine Member ✭✭
    I called Quicken again today and ultimately Quicken made decision to route issue to Quicken escalation team who is evaluating. It seems issue "might" be related to a specific server but not sure. Below is email I received from Quicken following my telephone discussion with technical support:

"Our escalations team is currently investigating more about this situation, where investment accounts show 0.00 balances on the Quicken mobile app and Quicken website. Your report has been escalated and you will be contacted directly from our escalations team via email once the problem has been resolved.

We kindly ask for your patience while this is being worked out, as unfortunately, there is no ETA for this situation to be resolved. You can always try to sync your accounts to mobile and web and check periodically during the following days to check if there is any additional update."
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hey there, all.  We've gone through AT LEAST five revisions of Quicken for Windows (R36.38, R36.41, R36.45, R36.48 and yesterday R36.54) since this problem has been brought to the attention of the Quicken support team in October.  As of today, the problem still plagues us.  Personally, I have reset my Cloud Data and verified that my dataset name and the file name match each other identically with every revision update, but with no resolution.  Has anyone who was not getting the value of their investments on Quicken Mobile found a solution?   I am still suffering from this bug and we are still hearing "crickets" (i.e. nothing at all) from the forum moderators (Anja? Paloma?) here.  jpreine, have you heard anything?  
  • jpreine
    jpreine Member ✭✭
    No I have not heard anything back from Quicken. I am still having the same issues. It’s very frustrating and I struggle with understanding why Quicken cannot resolve.
  • jpreine said:
    No I have not heard anything back from Quicken. I am still having the same issues. It’s very frustrating and I struggle with understanding why Quicken cannot resolve.
    Hello jpreine,

Thank you for getting in touch with the Quicken Community about this matter and I am sorry to hear that the problem has not been resolved. This problem has come to awareness and is a currently open alert, new details of which can be followed here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901477/ongoing-12-14-21-windows-investment-transactions-balances-not-syncing-to-mobile-web#latest.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    Hello Jared, Alysa and Paloma!  We appreciate that  you have been putting weekly notices up that this is an ongoing issue, that it has been assigned Ticket #8984896/CTP 2940, and that it has not yet been resolved.  However, while I only speak for myself, I can tell you that my patience is wearing thin...  [Removed - Rant] I for one would like to be assured that this is on someone's radar within the engineering group and that it is being addressed.  [Removed - Speculation] Please check with them and let us all know what you find out.  If they need more sync logs, data logs or any other real-world data dumps from us, I am sure we would be happy to supply them.  Thank you!  
  • jpreine
    jpreine Member ✭✭
    edited January 21
    I fully agree. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • Wade Shanley
    Wade Shanley Member ✭✭
    edited January 21
    [Removed-Disruptive] 
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    jpreine and Wade:  I don't know what you wrote, but by the fact that the moderators removed your comments and labelled them "disruptive," [Removed - Speculation]  Quicken team: ( Jared, Alysa and Paloma, Anja, Sarah, et al):  The inability for this feature to work has made the Mobile & Web apps useless to a large portion of your user base.  This is especially true during these turbulent times in the stock market when we need to see an aggregated view of our security holdings in a single place while we are on the go and away from our computers.  That is what the Mobile and Web features are supposed to provide!  [Removed - Rant]  Thank you.  
  • jpreine
    jpreine Member ✭✭
    Yes I did voice my frustration with Quicken team but it wasn't "disruptive". I agree with your comments. I have relied heavily on the Mobile & Web feature and feel it's a critical part of Quicken's offering. I wish Quicken could provide us an honest assessment of the priority they are giving this issue for resolution.
  • Wade Shanley
    Wade Shanley Member ✭✭
    edited March 10
    Same. [Removed - Disruptive/Solicitation]
  • StanS
    StanS Member
    Schwab stocks do not show in web; just cash
  • JonCaddy
    JonCaddy Member ✭✭
    I got the same issue, just cash, and no security listed, in both the web app, and the Android app.
  • Vince_L
    Vince_L Member ✭✭
    edited March 10
    My patience with Quicken is really starting to wear thin! [Removed - Speculation]  Can you escalate this issue? [Removed - Rant] Please fix this ASAP!
  • jpreine
    jpreine Member ✭✭
    Quicken team: what is the status of resolving this issue?
  • john_mccarville
    john_mccarville Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue... securities used to sync with Quicken on the Web, now just cash positions. I have reset account several times. Need resolution please!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • paul st
    paul st Member
    I am also having this problem. This feature has never worked for me even after resetting cloud data many times. When does Quicken plan to fix this problem?
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    This issue has been unresolved since at least October of 2021.  After over 25 years of being a Quicken customer, I have cancelled my Quicken account due to this issue not being resolved.  It ends at the end of this month.  In the meantime, I will be migrating my financial data and institutions to both MoneyDance and Mint to compare.  Good luck, Quicken users (suckers!)...