How can I delete a bogus acct

A new account appeared. I deleted the only transaction in the account. I've run file validation - nothing.
When I open the Accounts list, the edit button is unresponsive. When I right-click on the account nothing happens.
The account balance is shown as a long string of unformatted numbers even though there are no transactions.
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    What is your subscription expiration date?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    I would suspect that your Quicken data file became damaged and needs to be restored from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
  • TerryT
    TerryT Member
    Sorry about omitting the Q info:
    Q Deluxe R36.23. Expires 3/27/2022
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @TerryT,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue as well as providing the information previously requested by UKR, though I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing.

Have you also already tried UKR's suggestion of restoring a previously saved backup file? If so, please follow up with us and let us know how that went! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja