Account: Holdings - Account pull-down

Lee Tumbleson
Lee Tumbleson Member ✭✭
edited October 25 in Display/UI (Windows)
Please add an Account Pull-down menu to the "Holdings" dialog. When I go to an investment account, there is a "Holdings" button, at the top, opens the attached window. It would be very convenient if the listed account name were a pull-down so that I could jump between accounts easily.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I recommend you use Investing -> Portfolio instead.  The Holdings window is for the account you are in.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Lee Tumbleson
    Lee Tumbleson Member ✭✭
    edited November 1
    Chris_QPW, I know how to use the Portfolio window, I wasn't asking for advise. I was requesting a UI improvement.

It should be easy enough to add a pull-down to the Holdings window.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the intent of the window you see when clicking the "Holdings" button is to present a pre-formatted  overview of the current investing account, including the holdings, account status and attributes. The window is titled Account Overview so perhaps it would make more sense if the button were labeled "Overview" rather than "Holdings".

As things stand currently, it is only 2 clicks to get from one account's overview to another's.

But to let users switch quickly between overviews of different accounts, perhaps it would be best to add an Overview button to the Account list and/or a right-click option in the Accounts bar. This button or option could also display the Account Overview for banking accounts, which is currently hidden away in the account's gear menu.
    QWin Premier subscription