Reminders Stopped Auto Entering Into Register

My Reminders that are set to Auto Enter, are no longer doing so. I haven't changed the settings. They are monthly, so this just started showing up in the last week or two. These Reminders now appear in red as "Overdue" but the Action options show "(Auto) Edit Skip" telling me that they are set up correctly (Auto) and I can't manually add them since it's not an option. Quicken Deluxe V R36.23 Build 27.1.36.23 Windows 10

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To enter the reminder: press Ctrl + J, select the reminder, and press Alt + E
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone misses the Enter command hiding in plain sight.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Neil Sikora
    Neil Sikora Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responses that show how to MANUALLY enter a transaction. However, my issue concerns transactions that no longer AUTO enter themselves. They are set up to do that without manual help and they used to automatically enter themselves. Now they don't enter themselves. The AUTO entry not functioning is the issue here.
  • Neil Sikora
    Neil Sikora Member ✭✭
    Issue was resolved by Quicken Support.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue was resolved by Quicken Support.
    What was the resolution?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Ron H
    Ron H Member ✭✭
    Neil - How did Support resolve the issue? I've used "auto entry" for ages and it stopped 3-4 days ago.
  • David in DC
    David in DC Member ✭✭
    I would love to know too. All my Auto Enters stopped at the beginning of this month.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭
    My Auto Enters also stopped working evidently about a month ago, although I just noticed it... and have only missed two payments due to this malfunction. I am currently validating my file, but this is really not acceptable. They are all set up correctly, show to enter into the register 30-60 days before due, but did not do so. Any true resolution to this yet? Thank you.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭
    Thank you, UKR SuperUser, this seems to have been the dilemma... I recently changed some of my 30-days to 60-days as my income frequency is changing... those entries were "skipped", evidently, and the "Auto" designation was an orange color; as soon as I changed them back to 30 days, the orange turned to the normal blue... interesting... I must have missed that class in 'Quicken 101' - I've been using Quicken for over 20 years, but sometimes I feel like a rookie! Thank you so very much for your enlightened comment. I very much appreciate it as I am a "all ducks in a row at all times" person. Take care, stay safe and thanks again.
  • CommonSenseEngineer
    CommonSenseEngineer Member ✭✭
    edited December 1
    > @Ron H said:
    > Neil - How did Support resolve the issue? I've used "auto entry" for ages and it stopped 3-4 days ago.

Same, mine stopped working as of November 2021 as well. Windows Version R36.45 / Build 27.1.36.45). All auto-reminders set between 3-14 days). Worked for over a decade. No changes made (besides updating the subscription version as required). More and more functions/features are having issues/stop working then there are benefits of this subscription model to be honest. Just get everything working "as it should", and stop making "improvements" please :)
  • > @CommonSenseEngineer said:
    > > @Ron H said:
    > > Neil - How did Support resolve the issue? I've used "auto entry" for ages and it stopped 3-4 days ago.
    >
    > Same, mine stopped working as of November 2021 as well. Windows Version R36.45 / Build 27.1.36.45). All auto-reminders set between 3-14 days). Worked for over a decade. No changes made (besides updating the subscription version as required). More and more functions/features are having issues/stop working then there are benefits of this subscription model to be honest. Just get everything working "as it should", and stop making "improvements" please :)

12/2/2021 Update - I performed a validation of data (File > Validate & Repair) and it started working again. There may been a corrupt scheduled bill reminder messing the whole thing up.
    **Validating your data OUTPUT**
    Repaired your data file by removing a damaged category. Please check your category list for missing categories by going to Tools>Category List.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.
    QEL:
    No read errors.
    QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.
  • HyruleBalverine
    HyruleBalverine Member ✭✭
    > @CommonSenseEngineer said:
    > > @CommonSenseEngineer said:
    > > > @Ron H said:
    > > > Neil - How did Support resolve the issue? I've used "auto entry" for ages and it stopped 3-4 days ago.
    > >
    > > Same, mine stopped working as of November 2021 as well. Windows Version R36.45 / Build 27.1.36.45). All auto-reminders set between 3-14 days). Worked for over a decade. No changes made (besides updating the subscription version as required). More and more functions/features are having issues/stop working then there are benefits of this subscription model to be honest. Just get everything working "as it should", and stop making "improvements" please :)
    >
    > 12/2/2021 Update - I performed a validation of data (File > Validate & Repair) and it started working again. There may been a corrupt scheduled bill reminder messing the whole thing up.
    > **Validating your data OUTPUT**
    > Repaired your data file by removing a damaged category. Please check your category list for missing categories by going to Tools>Category List.
    > Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.
    > QEL:
    > No read errors.
    > QEL:
    > All internal consistency checks passed.

This seems to have fixed it. But as no reminders have changed (my bills haven't changed since setting them up) I'm not sure why this suddenly happened after the latest update unless it was the update itself. Which seems the most likely given how many people suddenly have had this issue at the same time.