Can't Add my Truist Account to Quicken

In the Profile - Preferences section of my Truist OnLine Account, I have activated the Direct Connect option.  Following the instructions shown, I have tried to add my Truist account to Quicken - trying both a One Step Update for an existing account and adding an entirely new account to my Quicken Data file.  In both cases, I have been unsuccessful and get an error message: "Record not found for OlbNumber" in the Truist Online window.
Tagged:

Comments

• FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    Further to the above comment, in both cases the account was added to Quicken as an Express Web Connect account
  • Hello @FlyerFran

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. I was unable to recreate the same issue on my end. For this particular instance, could you attempt to add the account in a test file, please?

To do this select File >New >Start from scratch. Once the test file has been created attempt to add the Truist account(s) only

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes! Be specific if you do come across any error codes or messages. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • FlyerFran
    Paloma, I already tried that and got the same error.  I was actually helping one of my daughters who finally got through to Truist on-line support.  They told her that they were aware of the data file error and were having system problems in setting up new accounts.  They suggested that she wait until late next and then start the Direct Connect steps all over.  My daughter has already cancelled the Direct Connect add on option and will try again next week, unless you have another idea.  Thanks for your quick response.

• FlyerFran
    Still cannot add Truist Accounts with Direct Connect.  Have updated my profile (preferences) on the Truist site to enable Direct Connect.   Anyone have any idea when this will be fixed?  Thanks.

• Tollie
    Tollie Member
    While doing a one-step update on Q for my Truist credit card the transactions show payments as a charge and all credit charges as a payment on transactions since the last reconcile.
  • Tollie
    Tollie Member
    Since the Truist computer conversion from BB&T to Truist, my "online balance" shown at the bottom of my Truist credit card account as a positive number rather than a negative number as in the past. Therefore, when I try to reconcile there is a difference equal to double the balance. My other credit cards have an online balance as a negative number, indicating the amount owed to that card.
  • FlyerFran
    Still not fixed.  
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion, though I apologize that you all are experiencing issues with your Truist accounts. 

If this has not already been established or mentioned here, Truist so far does not have any Direct Connect options available. If you would like the Direct Connect option, you will need to direct those concerns and suggestions to the bank itself. 

As for the incorrect balances, can I get any of you that are experiencing this issue to please go to Help>Report a Problem, and send the log files over to Quicken? Let me know when this is done and I can take a deeper look at this for you. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• FlyerFran
    As indicated in my October 29th comment above, Truist is offering Direct Connect for a fee, but as indicated in my later comments - I still can't get it to work.  When talking to their Tech Support, they are saying that their side has been (as BB&T) and is now set up for Direct Connect and the problem is on the Quicken side.  Seems like Quicken and Truist should be talking to each other??