Quicken Bill Manager just disappeared as if it had never been setup

Quicken Bill Manager just disappeared as if it had never been setup. Also I have had to re-verify my payment account 3 times recently. Am I the only one having this issue.

Comments

• Tom38
    Tom38 Member ✭✭
    Anyone know what caused this and what to do about it? The account is Charles Schwab Bank for which I read there were some issues recently but should not have caused this.
  • Hello @Tom38

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, did you recently restore a backup? Where are your main/active files located (external hard drive, cloud-based service, local hard drive)? 

Please provide more information so that we may forward in diagnosing this issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Tom38
    Tom38 Member ✭✭
    Yes I was traveling so I backed up my data file to a desktop hard drive before returning home and emailed it to myself. When home I downloaded the email attachment and restored it to Quicken. Prior to my travels I lost Schwab Bank as my Bill Manager account 3 times for no apparent reason. This time I also seem to have lost Bill Manager completely. Check pay and quick pay are not prompted in the register when I click in that column for check no. etc.
    I back up to an external hard drive at home.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Hello @Tom38,

Thank you for providing more information for us!

Bill Manager only works in one data file at a time. Therefore, if you opened the backup file you had saved before your travels, it would be the expected behavior for it to not have Bill Manager capabilities. The good news is, if you go back and open the main data file that you were in before you left, Bill Manager would still be present there. If you go through the setup of Bill Manager in the backup file, it can end up causing you further issues moving forward. 

My suggestion is to go back to the original file. Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns!

Quicken Alyssa 
  • Tom38
    Tom38 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your answer. I have already re established bill manager and verified the Schwab account in the back up file and downloaded a lot of transactions. I don’t understand why this is a problem and would seem to defeat, in part, the purpose of back up files. If so, I hope Quicken can fix this flaw.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited November 3
    Hello again, @Tom38,

As I explained before, this is not a flaw, but in fact how the product is intended to work. Backups are meant to save your data. So in the case of something unexpected happening to your main data file, you have something to fall back on. Using backups the way you are is not a bad option if you are not using Bill Manager.

I apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience this caused you. In the future, this can be avoided by simply taking your main data file with you. 

Quicken Alyssa
  • Tom38
    Tom38 Member ✭✭
    Okay thank you!
  • Tom38
    Tom38 Member ✭✭
    My Schwab bank payment account has reset for the 4th time in 4 weeks and now needs verification again. Tech support keeps telling me it won't happen again but it does. What can I do to stop this? I have the latest release and have validated and repaired the data file.
  • Tom38
    Tom38 Member ✭✭
    My Schwab account reset again and needs revalidation for the 4th tim. e What do I do to stop this?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you aware of the fact that Schwab is undergoing a major conversion at this time?
    I recommend you follow this discussion and wait until all the conversion work is done.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8
    Let's keep it all in one discussion, please.
    [removed -self-referencing link]

• Tom38
    Tom38 Member ✭✭
    I am. But this problem with Quicken has occurred 5 times starting August 13, occurred again September 16, occurred again October 4 , occurred again November 2, and occurred again today. Each time I had to re enroll in bill manager and wait to verify micro deposits. Only once did I use a restored back up file
  • Tom38
    Tom38 Member ✭✭
    I see the post from Sarah of Q Community about multiple data files. I do have a separate data file with Schwab account for my parents. Will that issue be fixed in the future?