Is anyone else having issues where bills get rescheduled?

I have CC bills scheduled monthly. Most times when I pay a bill it says, "Is this the bill for <date>?" and then moves the schedule date to the next month. Sometime before the next month it moves the date back another month and I miss the payment because it doesn't remind me in time. I think it might be happening when I update accounts, but I can't say for sure. It's really annoying because I have missed CC payments when I wasn't reminded. It happens to pretty much every monthly bill, but not my annual bills.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    Hello @kwallyz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Can you please try deleting one of the reminders that you are having issues with? Once you have done that you can re-add it and see if it still displays the same behavior. Alternatively, you could try adding some mock reminders. You can set them as due today and recurring monthly. Then enter them and see if they revert back to this month as the others did. 

Let us know how this goes!

Quicken Alyssa

• kwallyz
    kwallyz Member
    On 11/2 I made 4 changes. One CC reminder I deleted and set it up again with estimated amount set to CC balance. Another one I deleted and set up again with no estimated amount. Another CC bill reminder had changed to a transfer instead of a payment (not sure how that happened, maybe due to sync to iPad/phone). I deleted it and set it up as on online bill - I am not sure what this does, but it no longer shows in the Bill and Income Reminders window. And ss suggested I setup a dummy reminder to see what happens.

On 11/14 I noticed the CC reminder setup with amount estimated as CC balance had the reminder skip a month. I.e. instead of reminding to pay on 12/14 it had moved to 1/14/22.
    I continue to monitor the other ones so I don't miss another CC payment.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates and fees.

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited November 14
    Hello @kwallyz,

Thank you for your update. 

Can I please have you make a copy of your file and set up a couple of your reminders in the new copy and see how they behave there?

To do this;
    1. Go to File.
    2. Choose Copy or Backup file from the list.
    3. Select Create a copy or template and click Next.
    4. Click Save Copy.
    5. When Quicken asks which file you would like to open, choose the New Copy.
    6. Add a couple of reminders. (DO NOT set up Bill Manager in this new file as it will not allow you to have two files with BM)

Do you see the same behavior in the copy file?

Quicken Alyssa