custom check # list (Q Mac)

sradoff
sradoff Member ✭✭
Is there any way to add items to the check # list, for example ATM, ETF, etc in addition to Next Check Number and Print Check already in the dropdown?
Tagged:

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You will want to make the "Action" column visible as that is where alphanumeric things such as ATM, ETF, DEP, etc. now go. 

You can go to Window:Actions and see/edit what is in that list. Or you can simply enter a new Action in the Action column and it will be saved.

If you converted from another version of Quicken, non-check number items that were in the check number field should have been moved to the Action column.
  • sradoff
    sradoff Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I find that the Action column in my register is not being populated with the Actions data.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This doesn't directly address your question, but I'd note that the Action column is purely informational; it doesn't affect how Quicken Mac works. If you find the labels in the Action column help you, you can enter them. After I switched to modern Quicken Mac from many years with the old Quicken 2007, I stopped using the Action column and just hid it in my registers. I can easily tell what's a deposit or ATM withdrawal from the way I enter the Payee, and I don't need the Action field. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993