Categorizing Credit Card Transactions [Edited]

Quicken should have a way for credit cards to have their own category. I don't view credit card debt as "banking", and I don't see it as "liability" because that is long term debt. I want to see the sum of my credit card debt in the left bar.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you're that interested...

Property and Debt tab...select Debt...Selected Liability and Credit Card Accounts (Debt): Current Value

In the credit section is the total of your credit card accounts.

A roundabout way, for sure, but it's available there. 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4
    To clarify, this request has nothing to do with Quicken Categories or Transactions. You are asking for a new account classification in the Account Bar. Right?
    That's not a bad idea at all. It depends on whether you prefer to see the total of bank accounts and credit accounts (as is currently the case) or separate them out. I think I might like to separate them.
    In case you're not aware, you can see total credit debt via Property & Debt > Debt in the main menu or tabs, depending on which you use. You can also add a "Credit Card Accounts" widget to a Home screen.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Barbara Ziegler,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4
    Waiting for @Barbara Ziegler to come back and verify what I said in post #3. The current title of the thread is totally misleading and it needs to be further edited.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.