Finally fix print previews in Windows version - or help us figure out how to make it usable

EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭
My notebook's resolution is 3840x2160.  I have never, in years, been able to print reports.    Now, I can get decent report output but, because I don't have a preview I can see, it takes tons of effort.

I run the report, adjust my column widths so that everything fits, and here's what I see (blurred):

I click Export > Export to PDF, and I see 

I change the Page scaling to Fit to 1 page wide and the pages tall fills in by itself.  The Preview then changes to this:

Not terribly helpful.  No matter what I try, I can't get the preview to be usable.  If I go ahead and print to PDF regardless of this, it is fairly close to what I want.  However, it's not perfect, and adjusting it, without a preview, is totally hit-or-miss.  How can I get a print preview that I can use?
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭
    Need to add to this, too, that any change to the report requires me resetting all column widths all over again, hoping it ultimately fits on the final report.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a known problem, please see this post.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855165/report-print-preview-is-smaller-than-actual-print-if-windows-text-size-is-not-100

To make the print preview correct, you must temporarily set the Windows Scale and Layout setting to 100%. This may make the text unreadably small, but  the print preview will be correct and the physical printing is not affected. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mgmSTARgazer
    mgmSTARgazer Member ✭✭
    This Print preview is totally unacceptable - I've had the same problem as EmKay for several years - WIN 10 -- I always update all software and drivers and have reported this several times. Why doesn't QW fix this. A long time ago it used to work well ... but not for a few years!!!!
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    Well said and I couldn't agree more. I thinks this falls in the same drawer as Dark Mode and Splits getting messed up.
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription  R36.23 Build 27.1.36.23