What to do if desktop computer has crashed?

The PC that my Quicken for Windows file was on has crashed and it will be several days before my new computer arrives. I have a Dropbox backup that can be restored, but nowhere to restore it to yet. I really want to see my Quicken data on my iPhone right now, but it keeps telling me that I have to do something in my desktop file before I can use Quicken iOS app for mobile, and I can’t get to that file. Can someone help me?

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I can only guess that you have Sync turned off for your data file, and Sync needs to be turned on as that's how info gets up into the "cloud" and it's the cloud information the mobile app uses.  So I'd expect it's telling you, in effect, "open up your data file on your computer and turn that on", which you can't do at this point.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I can only guess that you have Sync turned off for your data file, and Sync needs to be turned on as that's how info gets up into the "cloud" and it's the cloud information the mobile app uses.  So I'd expect it's telling you, in effect, "open up your data file on your computer and turn that on", which you can't do at this point.
  • minniejean
    minniejean Member ✭✭
    Yes, that’s exactly what it’s telling me! So I guess there’s not much I can do is there?