Quicken Add Transaction Performance

It takes 1 minute to update my investment account after a single transaction was downloaded. That is 1 minute that I was staring at the hour glass icon. I am on the latest quicken R36.38 build 27.1.36.38. Can the performance be optimized. Granted, my QDF file is 140MB. But I have been a user since 1991. I find that I am always waiting for Quicken to finish the task: switching account, entering transactions, editing a transaction etc. Please
Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    First slow investment transaction entry I would try the archive transactions menu option to move closed lots to another account.  Quick and seems to do on the fly calculations in the investment accounts and therefore having lots of securities and security lots in an investment account slows it down.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cy_young
    cy_young Member ✭✭
    Thanks Chris_QPW, I didn't know about this Archive Transaction option. Will definitely try it out.
  • cy_young
    cy_young Member ✭✭
    well, I did the Archive operation. But the performance has not improved much. To accept a downloaded transaction, it now takes 30 secs and then another 20 seconds to reconcile the account and present the "Done" dialog. I don't remember it taking that long before the recent "upgrades". Performance is going to be a BIG issue for me to recommend Quicken to others.
This discussion has been closed.