PayCheck shows up without prompting and not really a pay check

I setup my paycheck...then every Tuesday a 'fake' paycheck appears in Quicken...when I delete it...I can't reschedule the paychecks correctly...meaning if I scheduled the next paycheck for this Friday, it goes away once I close Quicken. So I have to delete my paycheck and set it up again. I'm curious of course if anyone else has this and if so what if any fix there is? Thanks!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you may be viewing the paycheck reminder in the register.  If you don't want to view reminders in the register, open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and choose Reminders to show in register > Don't show reminders.  The reminders will appear in the Bill and Income reminders tab at the bottom of the register.
  • jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, that wasn't it. I don't have the paycheck itself set to remind me before Friday and the register is already set to don't show reminders. I am wondering if it could be an issue with connecting to the bank...although....I get downloaded transactions when I don't even connect and they are for things I downloaded a few days ago and reconciled.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlaur_25 said:
    Unfortunately, that wasn't it. I don't have the paycheck itself set to remind me before Friday and the register is already set to don't show reminders. I am wondering if it could be an issue with connecting to the bank...although....I get downloaded transactions when I don't even connect and they are for things I downloaded a few days ago and reconciled.
    Another possibility is you have set the paycheck reminder set to be automatically enter 3 days in advance.  In which case, the fake paycheck was the real paycheck transaction which should match the imported paycheck transaction when it becomes available.
  • jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    I'll try leaving it alone until Friday and see what happens...thank you for your time!