Charles Schwab Update Issues (WINDOWS) [Edited]

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Hi All.

What exactly is your point in posting the screenshot of the October update...which all of us having the problems detailed above are using?  Following @Quicken Alyssa's instructions, all of the observed bugs above occur with this, this most-recent update which is supposedly ready for the new Schwab connection.

Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• larryvc
    larryvc Member ✭✭
    I backed up my quicken file. Then deactivated online access and renamed the Financial institution name to "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc." i.e. removed the prepended zz, in all my Schwab accounts. Reactivated online access and it correctly linked all the accounts. I believe the renaming of the Financial institution was key to the correct relinking of the accounts and suggest that others give it a try as well.

Performed a one step update and Quicken processed all of my banking and investment accounts as usual. The Schwab accounts showed no recent changes online so nothing was downloaded.
  • larryvc
    larryvc Member ✭✭
    In addition to my post above; I can confirm that all accounts now show up as connection method "Express Web Connect+" as MontanaKarl mentioned earlier.

I purposely made a cash transfer between accounts, they show online. Have been updating transactions in Quicken but the transfers have not download yet. I am hoping that this does not mean we will have to wait until end of day processing to see our transactions.
  • larryvc
    larryvc Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa,

Re: My posts above; Although all my Schwab accounts are connected in Quicken, they are not syncing/downloading any data.

Can you provide a status update? Hoping for a resolution for this soon...
  • Michael G
    Michael G Member ✭✭
    Thanks LarryVC, ditto my Schwab accounts. They appear to be linked in Quicken with the same “Express Web Connect+“ (Plus) connection method that you noted. The accounts in Quicken also appear to be updating with the most recent share prices. However the accounts are definitely NOT downloading transactions into Quicken. For example, transactions that post the payment of routine cash dividends. Minor issue today. Major problem in the long term.
  • BB Doyle
    BB Doyle Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    The new Schwab/Quicken connectivity thing seems to be in place, but it makes me reconnect my Schwab accounts everytime I update my accounts (login to Schwab, link accts, etc). Also, my husband and I have separate logins for Schwab, and I can only do one login at a time. According to a post on the Quicken website, Schwab is expecting to have the new system fully operational sometime between Nov 16-18, 2021. So, am I only experiencing these issues now because the migration to the new system is not complete?
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [removed -duplicate]
  • Mike Molloy
    Mike Molloy Member ✭✭
    I'm having a similar problem. I'm running Quicken Premier 6.4.4 on Mac and was prompted to update my Schwab accounts. I did so, and changed the password as suggested.

However, moving forward, I'm prompted to do this EVERY TIME I want to sync my accounts. I can't cancel/opt out of the Schwab acct update, which means in order to sync my accounts, I'm forced to go through the Schwab login stuff every time.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @BB Doyle & @Mike Molloy

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing repeated requests to complete the register process with Schwab and thank you for letting us know.

Our teams are aware and are investigating this issue, but if you haven't already, would you mind deactivating the Schwab accounts (Settings > Downloads > Disconnect Account) and then go to the "+" icon on the upper right or the Accounts tab > New to reactivate them.

Be sure to link the accounts to their already existing name in Quicken and once completed, please let us know if you continue to receive the prompts to re-register the Schwab accounts.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • In my case, this does not work for me. I have tried it several times over the past few days, including just now.
  • BB Doyle
    BB Doyle Member ✭✭
    Sarah, when we reactivate the accounts with Schwab, which Schwab option are we supposed to use? None of them have worked thus far.
  • andyg53
    andyg53 Member ✭✭
    Using quicken Version 6.4.4 (Build 604.41834.100) with macOS 12.0.1. I am also having this problem. I tried to correct using the steps outlined above without success.
  • I am having the same problem - Schwab registration each time I update all accounts
  • same here. this is really annoying
  • Quicken Sarah
    In my case, this does not work for me. I have tried it several times over the past few days, including just now.
    andyg53 said:
    Using quicken Version 6.4.4 (Build 604.41834.100) with macOS 12.0.1. I am also having this problem. I tried to correct using the steps outlined above without success.
    I am having the same problem - Schwab registration each time I update all accounts
    same here. this is really annoying
    Hello @dan.greenberg.ct, @andyg53, @Richard LeSavoy & @Mark Samuels,

If the steps to deactivate and reactivate the Schwab accounts did not resolve the persistent prompts to re-authorize the accounts, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.

In the window that opens, enter "CTP-2913" in the description box, leave the boxes checked for the listed ".txt" files and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

You will not receive a response for this submission, however the information included will be added to our open investigation of this issue.

Once sent, please just reply here to let us know the reports have been submitted, thank you!

BB Doyle said:
    Sarah, when we reactivate the accounts with Schwab, which Schwab option are we supposed to use? None of them have worked thus far.
    Hi @BB Doyle

I took the liberty of reviewing your internal account information and it appears that you were able to reactivate the Schwab accounts successfully, is that correct?

If so, did the prompt to re-authorize the account stop?  Or does it still persist?

Please let us know, thank you!

Sarah
  • Information sent as requested
  • Also sent. Please note that during this morning's update, I also again received several 0 share transactions as reported in another thread. They were easily deleted though a bit of a nuisance.
  • Quicken Sarah
    @Richard LeSavoy & @dan.greenberg.ct

Thanks so much for submitting the requested report, I've added the information to our open investigation and will be back to share further updates as they are received.

Sarah
  • BB Doyle
    BB Doyle Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah! Yesterday, I deactivated all of my Schwab accounts and was unable to reactivate them. However, this morning when I synced all of my other accounts, I got the box telling me that Schwab changed their system, yada yada yada, and I was able to reactivate ALL of them. I used my login and was still able to activate my husband's without using his login. Seemed odd. Anyway, if I go to sync again, it still wants me to go through the whole reconnection process with Schwab.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @BB Doyle!  Thanks so much for posting back with that additional information, although I'm sorry to hear that the prompt continues.

Would you mind also submitting a Report a Problem from the Help menu in Quicken?  I'd like to add your information to the open investigation as well.

Thanks again,

Sarah
  • BB Doyle
    BB Doyle Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Sarah" said:
    > Hi @"BB Doyle"!  Thanks so much for posting back with that additional information, although I'm sorry to hear that the prompt continues.
    >
    > Would you mind also submitting a Report a Problem from the Help menu in Quicken?  I'd like to add your information to the open investigation as well.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Sarah

I submitted the report. Thank you so much for all of your help on this issue! Hoping it is resolved soon!
  • I was finally able to confirm that I was still able to download transactions after hitting Cancel on subsequent attempts by Quicken to log into Schwab after setting up the logins last weekend.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello All,

We appreciate everyone's help with investigating this behavior and providing the requested logs. 

With the information provided we were able to identify two scenarios in which the prompt to authorize the accounts continues to appear.

For more information, please see the update on our ongoing alert for the Schwab transition, available here.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • AngelaI
    AngelaI Member
    I have been told that once the transition is complete Quicken will no longer download transactions from "View Only" Schwab accounts. If this is correct, what is the remedy for accountants and advisors?
  • I too keep getting the alert to sign into Schwab even after I have completed the new activation process which appears to have worked for my active accounts. I do have unused Schwab accounts that show up in the "Hide and Show Accounts" list, with the "zz" prefix, however I have confirmed they are deactivated for downloads. Also, I only have one data file. Any ideas on what to try next to eliminate the recurrent alert? This a duplicate post from another Schwab thread I posted to.
  • andyg53
    andyg53 Member ✭✭
    report sent.
  • andyg53
    andyg53 Member ✭✭
    Having to do the re-enrollment twice a day (for 2 schwab accounts) is very tiresome. I do not like being your beta tester.
  • Daffy Duck
    Daffy Duck Member ✭✭
    This new procedure with Schwab is a disaster.

Every time I update my file I have to re-enroll at Schwab. I understand that may be related to the fact that I have more than one Schwab account. But there are other problems as well.
    -The download is generating a series of offsetting "Balance adjustment" entries in each account, and is showing them as reconciled.
    - Each time I loop through re-enrollment the program resets Investment Tracking Method for each account form Detailed to Simple.
    - The system is now suddenly picking up the money market sweep transactions which have never been picked up before. And I do not want them picked up as they modify my cash balance and make it very difficult to reconcile my accounts at month end. Going back and deleting these transactions is pointless at this time as the next time I download transactions they will be downloaded again.

This new procedure should immediately be stopped and Quicken and Schwab should go back to the old procedures until such time you actually conduct and complete a successful beta test.
  • andyg53
    andyg53 Member ✭✭
    It seems as though I have corrected the problem. I followed the instructions detailed in an update to a Quicken Announcement from today. It seems that the key was to disconnect hidden accounts.
  • LarryNolan
    LarryNolan Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [removed - duplicate/off-topic to this thread]
This discussion has been closed.