Charles Schwab Update Issues (WINDOWS) [Edited]

Answers

• Just escalated to Quicken. Let's see what happens.
  • boyjohn
    boyjohn Member ✭✭
    I just got an error today when trying to download transactions from Schwab (connectivity has been disabled, error OL-301-A), is there something that I am supposed to do to fix this. This post is the first I am hearing about a "changeover".
  • anrklein
    anrklein Member ✭✭
    Also, I just deactivated/reactivated and my accounts did not even show on the reactivation. I rolled back to a previous backup, but still cannot connect.
  • Andrew Jarabak
    Andrew Jarabak Windows Beta Beta
    I also received a notice that Schwab has rejected my request when trying to download transactions. It was fine up to today. I also have the latest patch and quicken for windows version. I've read the changeover notice, but it only tells you to update to latest version.  What do I do now?
  • PennyRich
    PennyRich Member ✭✭
    R36.38
    Schwab update fails 11/19/21
    OL-301-A
    Your financial institution has rejected your request.
  • Steven Shook
    Steven Shook Member ✭✭
    Same issue here (error OL-301-A). Started today.
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue +1
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue, +1
  • Same issue here
  • Have R36.38. Received error OL-301-A today for Schwab. When I try to deactivate account, I get message that this cannot be done because I have unaccepted transactions in the Schwab account. I cannot identify any unaccepted transactions in any account but I am still locked out of being able to deactivate/activate account.
  • John McClure
    John McClure Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I updated to version R36.38 and I followed all the steps to deactivate/reactivate, but now transactions are not being downloaded.
    My investment accounts are not updating. My bank accounts keep asking for login information. Then the download fails and the pop up says it's "not your fault."
    Note that the zzz prefix was only shown on the investment financial institution.
    Basically, I'm having the same issues as the previous posters.
    Will follow this post for the forthcoming, hopefully quick, solution.
  • "Your financial institution has rejected your request"
  • Smit
    Smit Member ✭✭
    Same issue. In chat now, on standby while they check.
    Quicken updated a few days ago. Currently Version R37.25
    No issues yesterday. Today connection rejected.
  • JustKeepOnTruckin
    JustKeepOnTruckin Member ✭✭✭
    Same for me--"an error has occurred"
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    OK.... it is not working this morning... Reject message OL-301-A . Says to notify Financial Institution... This is crazy...
    Windows 10 and Windows 11 (separate computers)..... Quicken Premier 20+ year user
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've deactivated all four investment accounts.  When I reactivate using the new EWC+ I get a mass of downloaded transactions that are duplicates.  Has anyone figured out how to avoid that mess please?
  • Smit
    Smit Member ✭✭
    Schwab chat stating error is with Quicken due to recent update.
    They recommend deactivate online access, then reset for each account.
    If problem persists contact Quicken!
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed - Disruptive]
    Windows 10 and Windows 11 (separate computers)..... Quicken Premier 20+ year user
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭
    I found a note that indicated Quicken (?) was changing something on their end, but that was supposedly 11/16/21. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20210723#Comment_20210723

However, I AM at the latest version and today I get the same error you all are getting about how connectivity to this financial institution has been removed, yada yada yada
  • Andrew Jarabak
    I have the same issue.
  • allenr5
    allenr5 Member ✭✭
    I did not deactivate and reactivate, but I'm getting the same message.
  • Smit
    Smit Member ✭✭
    Deactivated account, restarted Quicken, tried online setup, no joy!
    Quicken Error message OL-301-B
    Your financial institution has rejected your request.
  • Andrew Jarabak
    You've posting this. I tried deactivating one of my schwab accounts and add it back in again. Still results in the same error.
  • Robert
    Robert Member ✭✭
    Connectivity with Schwab was disabled 11/19. Schwab says their update is complete but quicken does not connect. It would be nice if Quicken staff would update users on the situation.
  • Milehigh5280
    Milehigh5280 Member ✭✭
    I'm on the latest release 36.38. Nothing is downloading from schwab and it's saying I've been disconnected from schwab. When I try to set up online download it keeps failing and saying it's not my fault. Is there a fix for this?
  • thomps2
    thomps2 Member ✭✭
    Yes, but still had problems so I called Customer support 11/17/2021. Spent over a hour on the phone and sharing my screen with a customer support agent before getting locked out of my Schwab accounts. The agent told me I needed to wait 24 hours before trying again and gave me a reference number. I called Quicken Customer Support agent again on 11/18/2021 and gave the agent the reference number. The agent said this was a known issue affecting multiple Charles Schwab customers and there was an alert on this (not one that I have seen!!!). There was nothing she could do and I should call Schwab. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was basically told the same thing. I did the manual change and it downloaded a bunch of garbage and messed up my account balances (transfers in and out from the same account instead of the correct account). Also, the detail on split transactions was deleted. When will there be a resolution?
  • pdaniel
    pdaniel Member ✭✭
    I have the exact same issue. I hope this will get fixed because I rely on this download to keep a correct accounting of my overall donations in Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.