Charles Schwab Update Issues (WINDOWS) [Edited]

Answers

• gcorvin
    gcorvin Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Way to go Schwab :( I just love it when software teams "upgrade" things that were working just fine to start with. [Removed - Speculation]
  • I am having the same issue - started today - updated to 27.1.37.25 yesterday
  • squasher
    squasher Member
    My online downloads are being rejected. Reading the base requirements, I already have version required for the transition but the one step update is failing. Anyone have an idea?
  • Deactivated and re activated - now no error messages but not downloading new Schwab transactions.
  • steve lease
    steve lease Member ✭✭
    Just finished 90 min with Quicken Support on phone....turns out that 36.38 isn't current(even though Quicken said it was current).....needed mondo patch which updated to 37.25....then had to delete old connections to schwab accounts, and create new connections which worked but left maybe 100 transactions to delete individually because they didn't match somehow .......complicated because my PC was insisting on using onedrive as a backup and that was incompatible with this process. I normally don't use onedrive for anything.....
  • xssnco
    xssnco Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • pjdiaz
    pjdiaz Member
    The Charity account is not showing up under Schwab's Security Center ->Third Party Access to Account Information-> Quicken. The others that are working do. Makes me suspect that Schwab forgot or is intentionally not providing access to these. I sent Schwab a message about it yesterday. Others that are affected might want to do the same.
  • group55
    group55 Member
    Updated with mondo patch and to R37.25 even though the program said the 36 was current. No connection to schwab available. It is a quicken problem not schwab. This is very upsetting and should not happen with a subscription. FIGURE IT OUT.
  • gcorvin
    gcorvin Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. Please, refer to this open Community Alert for resolution instructions.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Steve Zynda
    Steve Zynda Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Kathryn I saw you new post today "NEW 11/19/21: Resolution for OL-301-A updating Schwab accounts with Quicken for Windows". Your steps to deactivate and reactivate do not work. I have the latest mondo patch, I have super validated my file and I have an open case 8996599. I am dead in the water and cannot update. Whenever I call into support, Carlos and Eddie don't understand the gravity of the problem have me do redundant and mundane steps. I need a solution fast.
  • gcorvin
    gcorvin Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • larry988
    larry988 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I agree.  The steps to deactivate and reactivate did not work.  It just takes me back to the Quicken Add Account screen with the error CC-501 after going through the whole process to log in to Charles Schwab.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hanging on every word from Quicken Kathryn and I'm not having any luck.  I really don't know where to begin.  First, if anyone has figured out how to reactivate without downloading hundreds of duplicate transactions please let me know.  What I've done now is basically opened a Q (Win) file from a backup.  I've deactivated my investment accounts and hope someone solves this chaos.  Oh, by the way, I also uninstalled and reinstalled Q (Windows) just for kicks and that did not help.  I'm truly counting on this community.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Opened the Community Alert and checked for an update. No update as it says mine is current... R37.25 Build 27.1.37.25. Community Alert also says to (item number 2): Deactivate your Charles Schwab accounts with the "zz" prefix, then reactivate your Charles Schwab accounts with the new Charles Schwab, Inc. instance of the bank (with no "zz").

I don't use their bank so is this instruction correct to use the bank instance??? I have no ZZ acount either...
    Windows 10 and Windows 11 (separate computers)..... Quicken Premier 20+ year user
  • DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭
    @Rob41 New answer on your OL-362-A issue. Yes, that has now started this morning with my other account (at T Rowe Price, a Direct Connect connection). Schwab is still working okay today. I have not attempted to resolve yet, out of fear of messing up Schwab again. It shouldn't be related, but this makes me wonder. Are you still having that OL-362A issue?
  • dpd
    dpd Member ✭✭✭
    On the latest version & my zz schwab was working fine until today. I followed the deactivate / activate instruction given; still receiving a CC-501
  • I am having the exact problems with Schwab that Steve describes as of this morning. Also, debits and credits were reversed - credits affect the balances negatively, and debits add to the balance. I ended up restoring a backup to clean up the mess, and I suppose I'll have to enter Schwab accounts manually until this is resolved.
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    I was surely disappointed when the new process created NEW accounts with their days of transactions. I have over 30 YEARS of data in these accounts. And 7 accounts at Schwab. It is not possible to accurately delete all of the bogus transactions. There has to be a fix? When I try to link to my existing accounts, only some show up, and a couple of my investment accounts only show as Checking or Savings. This is a very poor rollout. It should go back and get a redo ASAP. I was a IT Director for sooo many years. Testing, Testing, Testing.
  • I got the prompts this morning to relink my Charles Schwab Checking accounts in Quicken, went thru all the steps to reactivate and relink my accounts, even before I was able to review and accept all the downloaded transactions....my checking account balances BLEW UP. 1/2 show $-40,000 the other have show I have $60,000....when my actual balance is $500. Please help!!! I've had to revert back my entire Quicken file to November 12th just so I don't loose 16 years of financial history.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    retird said:
    Opened the Community Alert and checked for an update. No update as it says mine is current... R37.25 Build 27.1.37.25. Community Alert also says to (item number 2): Deactivate your Charles Schwab accounts with the "zz" prefix, then reactivate your Charles Schwab accounts with the new Charles Schwab, Inc. instance of the bank (with no "zz").

I don't use their bank so is this instruction correct to use the bank instance??? I have no ZZ acount either...
    The Alert has been corrected to reflect the correct name of the instance - "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.". 

Thank you for pointing this out and we apologize for any confusion!
    -Quicken Anja
  • gcorvin
    gcorvin Member ✭✭
    > @MrZipp said:
    > I was surely disappointed when the new process created NEW accounts with their days of transactions. I have over 30 YEARS of data in these accounts. And 7 accounts at Schwab. It is not possible to accurately delete all of the bogus transactions. There has to be a fix? When I try to link to my existing accounts, only some show up, and a couple of my investment accounts only show as Checking or Savings. This is a very poor rollout. It should go back and get a redo ASAP. I was a IT Director for sooo many years. Testing, Testing, Testing.

I agree with @MrZipp !
  • larry988
    larry988 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Same issue here.  Getting error CC-501 after going through the whole process of deactivating and adding an account for Charles Schwab.  Any updates to resolve this issue in a timely manner?  
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Sounds like this is a nightmare. If there is anyone listening from IT at Quicken OR Schwab, chat each other and do a rollback of the change until this is fixed. For me, I DL many investment transactions daily into my 7 Schwab accounts. While the idea of manually massaging the registers has merit, the volume of data would likely be a balancing failure. Quicken - call Schwab and get this fixed.
  • Matt Herndon
    Matt Herndon Member ✭✭
    I ran into the issue of downloading thousands of transactions as well. I was able to solve it by restoring a backup and doing it all over again. My guess is that the Schwab side marked all of the transactions as downloaded the first time or something like that?

I also had some accounts not showing as available to link, but I went through and deactivated them all manually, as well as manually cleared out the financial institution field. That let me link them all again.

All appears to be mostly working now, but I'm not getting the balance on my checking account to download. It's the same issue I'm seeing with my Capital One credit cards after a similar switch last week.

I'm pretty deeply tied to Quicken, but why in the world don't they fully test these things before they roll them out?
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    NO JOY.... still broken....
    Windows 10 and Windows 11 (separate computers)..... Quicken Premier 20+ year user
  • rolanddawson2500
    rolanddawson2500 Member ✭✭✭
    Deactivating and reactivating is not a good solution. I have three Schwab accounts, and many many transactions. I do not want to have to remove potentially 1,000's of duplicate transactions. I am being rejected on all three accounts when trying to update through Quicken, but can log in directly using the Schwab web site. I checked with Schwab, 3rd party access is enabled on my accounts. My accounts do have the zzz indication, that appeared some time ago after one of your updates, but it worked up till this morning, so I didn't pay any attention. Looks to me like a Quicken problem, and a solution that doesn't jeopardize my existing data or use of Onedrive is reqired?????  
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    I see some of my 7 accounts not showing up right. The whole thing is a joke for me. Data and transactions since 1994. Hundreds of active securities. Good for you that you got some to work. We need more users to come forward. Not a good transition. Sorry I can't help - just venting!
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I suggested a rollback already to Schwab and to Quicken... hasn't happened... and Schwab told me today they are in contact with Quicken....
  • Smit
    Smit Member ✭✭
    Thank you Anja.
    Fix worked.
    Removed "zz" prefix
    Re-authorized access
    Changed password
    Automatically downloaded all transactions back to July 2020. Many entries! (but that's why I use Quicken...since MS-DOS on an IBM 50Z)
    In one account I manually reviewed and deleted "Matched" entries. I now have a small cash balance error.
    In another account I accepted everything, all "Matched". No issues. Account is correct.
    So I will wait for month end statements to reconcile and correct.
This discussion has been closed.