Upcoming Bills and Income - flag auto pay bills

Add a check box to flag a monthly bill as having Auto Pay set up with vendor. Display a flag on the upcoming bills and income grid.

When paying bills and having excess cashflow for the month, I often want to pay bills ahead. I forget when I have bills set up on auto pay, or not. A flag would be helpful so I do not log into the payment portal and see it is set to autopay. A column between Due date field and Pay to/ Receive From field with a simple A icon designating the account payment is managed with auto pay.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the Bills and Income tab, if you use the Biller name or Due date list, the last column should say Enter or Pay. Pay will initiate an online payment and Enter means either you will be writing a check or the money will be taken from your account automatically.

If you use the Stack view, the selected transaction will also say Enter or Pay.

Does that meet your needs?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    No, this would not meet my needs because the information about Enter/Pay is not accurate. Some of my auto-pay bills show ENTER, but others show PAY. There needs to be a way to help Quicken understand which bills have been setup as Auto-Pay.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is easy to accomplish.

Set your scheduled reminder to be automatically entered into the register XX days in advance for all your auto pay transactions.

You'll see that AUTO is now visible in the Scheduled Reminders window.  That signifies AUTO PAY.